Tennessee LPN's Independent Contractors for immunization clinicRegister Today!
- by alp1 Aug 2, '12Are there any TN LPN's working as Independent Contractors for a flu immunization clinic? I have a question about supervision and state laws. I am new to the forum Thanks for having me.
- Aug 2, '12 by juzmeQuote from alp1Hello and welcome!:-) I am not in your state but please make sure of the IC laws in your state. I was going to work for agency as an IC according to them BUT according to IRS I was not and after taking out my own taxes and the paperwork I would have had to keep track, the rate was not that good. So, before you except that position check with a tax advisor or look at your state tax info. I hope that helps you.Are there any TN LPN's working as Independent Contractors for a flu immunization clinic? I have a question about supervision and state laws. I am new to the forum Thanks for having me.
- Aug 2, '12 by alp1Thanks, it wasn't the tax laws I am familiar with those, the gray area was with supervision. The company said the state law was referring to supervision as in a physicians office or supervision as related to a speciality area. The state board policy states LPN's working in the field must have supervision, not constant but supervised visits that are documented. It seemed to me that the companies legal take on supervision was not exactly what the state policy said. I decided that it was too iffy and it is my license on the line and a few immunizations is not worth it at this point. I just wanted some experience while I am in school for my RN. The company said they had LPN's in TN working as IC's, that's why I thought I would search here to see if I am misunderstanding something. Thanks though for your reply, self employment tax is higher than being an employee.
- Aug 2, '12 by juzmeoh geez, im sorry just reread your question...lol I need to really pay attention to posts after I take a nap and before I respond!lol...I hope you get some correct info:-)
- Aug 3, '12 by alp1I just appreciate your response. Thanks