State to State LVN License Transfer

  1. I am obtaining my LVN license via the "Method 3" Program in California. It is a pathway to obtaining your LVN license through your PCT work experience and taking an approved pharmocology course. I live in Texas and want to practice in Texas. Will I be able to immediately apply to for Licensure by Endorsement or will I have to work in Cali for a time before I can apply for my Texas license?
  2. 1 Comments

  3. by   kat7ap
    You won't be able to become licensed in Texas because they will not recognize your license. In Texas and most states, the educational requirements for licensing are the completion of an approved nursing program. By receiving your license through the method 3 route you may be limited to only practicing in California. However, you should contact the state board of nursing for the most accurate information.