scared to death!
- 0Aug 28, '12 by ms.nikkiSo I start nursing school on sept. 4th mon-fri 8-4 and I'm really nervous and scared......I'm already stressin about finicial worries both with home and school bills...I'm on an emotional roller coaster right now both excited and nervous.....any help? Any help with fincial advice?
- 1Aug 28, '12 by MySonIsAdorableYeah go to your local workforce, and see if they participate with the workforce investment act (WIA) and if you school & program qualifies...couldn't hurt to try right?
Get a loan if you can, I know its a pain & going have to be paid back but it will help alleviate some stresses. Apply for both grants & loans. I didn't do this, and I struggled all year long and if I could go back I would.
Try to put anything that is going on at home away while you are at school. For me school was a break, when I had to go home I struggled to find time to study or even keep my sanity because it was full of family problems. Just know that, when this is done your life will be better for you and your family...remind them of that and don't take no for an answer. DO this for yourself and they WILL get adjusted. And.....Congratulations!!
- 0Aug 29, '12 by pookypQuote from cchezem15Did they have spouses or kids? I was thinking about it but I think they'll say no. I don't work, but my husband does and I have one kid.Definitely agree with the other two, go to your workforce. I know of a lot of ladies in my class this past year that received assistance with school and bills through the workforce and other agencies!
- 0Aug 29, '12 by rys22Were you preparing for this in any way (putting money away and such)? As much as I hate loans and never say that as a first option, sometimes it is just necessary for the sake of keeping your sanity. You will have enough on your plate as it is trying to get through nursing school.
- 0Aug 29, '12 by cchezem15Quote from pookypSome had kids, some didn't. Also none of them were married. Definitely go and give it a shot. I wish I would have but I was too lazy to do all that paperwork haha and really didn't need it as bad as the others.Did they have spouses or kids? I was thinking about it but I think they'll say no. I don't work, but my husband does and I have one kid.
- 0Aug 29, '12 by GitanoRN GuideOP, have you tried to see if you qualify for FAFSA? here's a link, I hope this helps in some way as I wish you the best always in all of your future endeavors...Aloha~
Fafsa Official Website < Best FAFSA Help | FAFSA Online
- 1Aug 29, '12 by Murseman2011I start next week too. I am super excited. I worked hard all year with prereqs to get into the program. I am, however, also worried about the stresses and such. I am getting married this weekend so I will have a lot to do throughout school but it will all be worth it=)