New to allnurses.. a little introduction.Register Today!
This is a discussion on New to allnurses.. a little introduction. in LPN / LVN Corner, part of General Nursing ... Hello fellow nurses! I am a daily lurker of this website and decided to join so I can vent, offer...by SarcasticLVN Jun 19, '12Hello fellow nurses! I am a daily lurker of this website and decided to join so I can vent, offer support, and maybe make some friends. I am a new LVN, recieved my license in March and started working in LTC a week later. Even though LTC was not my first choice, I am very blessed and thankful to be working. I am actually enjoying the environment and my residents. I am a charge nurse in a 99 bed facility and I float. My orientation was 4 weeks and had wonderful training from all my coworkers. I can honestly say that every nurse there is willing to help and guide me through anything. I am finally at a point where I am confident walking into work for the day. The only thing I need help with here and there is paper work just so I can double check and make sure I completed everything correctly. I am the type of person that is willing to ask any question to make sure I am doing it right so I will not make a mistake. Now that I am situated at work I signed up for a lvn to rn bsn bridge program and I am very excited. I have read a lot of posts on here and love the support, advice, and humor! I try talking to my friends and family about nursing and even though they listen, I can tell they don't completely understand lol. I am recently single (out of a 6 year relationship) and have no kids so I am taking this time in my life to focus on my career. Well thats about it.. I am here to be a listener, make a joke, offer advice (if I am capable of giving it lol), and just be part of a group that loves what I love!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=744496©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 769 Views
- Jun 19, '12 by WhisperaWelcome!
- Jun 19, '12 by Esme12to the group!!!!!!
- Jun 19, '12 by StephalumpWelcome and congrats on your new license, your new job, and your new LVN-RN program!
- Jun 19, '12 by SarcasticLVNThank you all!!
- Jun 20, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNWelcome. You are so right to be grateful for a job in this time. I worked longterm care for a couple years. I enjoyed my little residents.
- Jun 20, '12 by loriangel14Welcome to Allnurses!
- Jun 20, '12 by nursel56sarcasticlvn! [color=#330033]glad you decided to join in!
- Jul 4, '12 by wannabalvnurseyou've joined the ranks, god bless!
- Jul 5, '12 by mommyof2TeesJust saying HI