Interviewing with KCIRegister Today!
- by TxNurseJackie Jun 10, '12Ive been a nurse for 4 years and I'm currently the tx nurse with my current employer. I'm interviewing for a Clinical Nurse Specialist postion and was wondering if anyone is familiar with what it entails? I know its majority Triage and probably marketing. I just need a heads up.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=740534©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 614 Views
- Do you mean KCI, the Wound Vac and Air mattress company?
- Jun 12, '12 by TxNurseJackieYes, sorry forgot to mention it.
- Then I doubt you will be doing any triage. Most likely you would be evaluating new admits from a surgical unit as to the likelihood that they would respond to negative pressure therapy. Also, clients needing air support mattresses to stave off pressure sores. I'd tell you to go for it, but research it first. Google is your friend.
- Also, yeah, KCI does a lot of marketing. Think any client that is in bed for protracted amounts of time. You would be meeting with the DON at a SNF. Make sure the you have your wound STAGING down pat. This one that always confuses new treatment nurses: If you cannot see the wound bed then it is "unclassifiable". It's a trick question....
- Jun 13, '12 by CaliBoy760I reread my post and realized that I said you would not be doing triage. I meant to say that, yes, you will be triaging pt's as they come to the floor. Sorry about that!