I just had a nursing interview this morning for an LVN volunteer position. Showed up at 10:50 for an 11:00 interview. Receptionist didn't tell them I was there until 11:15 which made me look like I was late so I could already tell it wasn't going well. During the interview I was being cut off my phone calls and people walking in the room. I got through it ( barely) and I was asked by the DON a bunch of scenario questions. Being my first interview, I was pretty nervous. She gave the following
- What are the 5 rights
- What experience do I have passing meds ( I'm a new grad and just received my license last month)
1. If a patient comes to you with chest pain what would you assess?
- I said I would check the abcs, see if the patient is alert, see if the pain was in one area or radiating through arm
( i didn't say it in that order).
2. If a patient comes to you with a cough, what would you assess for?
- I said i would check the drainage/sputum note the color and odor, Check the lung sounds..
3. If a patient has a fever what would you assess and let the doctor know?
- I had NO CLUE how to answer.
Needless to say I'm pretty sure I'm not getting in. She didn't seem like she liked any of my answers and kept asking me what I would assess for and if i ever had any experience. She seemed pretty irritated as well. I told her we were only sent to nursing homes during clinical. Anyways, I was wondering exactly how DO you answer these questions? I feel so stupid. I can pass the nclex but I can't answer any of these??