I'd like some advice. I'm 42yrs old and i've been an LPN 7yrs.Register Today!
This is a discussion on I'd like some advice. I'm 42yrs old and i've been an LPN 7yrs. in LPN / LVN Corner, part of General Nursing ... Hi I'd like some advice. I'm 42yrs old and i've been an LPN 7yrs. My sons are grown and married...by Nurse__Mary Jul 4, '12Hi
I'd like some advice. I'm 42yrs old and i've been an LPN 7yrs.
My sons are grown and married and i'm single. I've lived in Louisiana all my life and had plans to leave the state in 2007 when my baby joined the army. Instead of leaving I got married and now i'm divorced living in limbo because I can't decide where to go because my options are limitless. Money isn't an issue for me, my nest is empty and I'm ready to fly like a bird.
Here is a list of things i'd like.
1. Attend a college to become an RN in the shortest amount of time.
2. Move to a state with beaches or lakes that doesn't have the heat and humidity like the southern states.
3. Place must also have a military base.
4. I don't party and i'm a homebody who loves the simple things in life. I'm also a geek and love anything related to IT/Computers.
Heres another option. I also hold a Computer Specialist degree and ultimately i'd like to work from home.
Nursing Informatics is where my passsion lies however all the jobs want you to be an Rn first in order to work from home. If I could find a job like this without becoming an RN I would take it and relocate.
What would you do?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=752807©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 893 Views
- Jul 4, '12 by Nurse2bKimberlyI would move (just because I like "fresh starts" lolol) and attend a LPN-RN bridge program. Or LPN-BSN program, since you mentioned that you really have interest in informatics. I've seen some online informatics programs, but you need a bachelor's for some of them. You can do it Most of the people I met in nursing school were in their 40s..it's never too late to go back!
- Jul 4, '12 by Fiona59The Army Base? Is it so you will be close to your son?
I'd stay away from that option. Your son may be posted at short notice and would you then follow him rather than building up your life.
I'm with the move somewhere nice and go to school train of thought.
- Jul 4, '12 by Nurse__MaryNo the base is so I can meet my future husband.. : ) . My son has completed his tour. He married a sweet girl from Oregon and they had twins. So i'm a granny.
- Jul 4, '12 by Fiona59Quote from Nurse__MaryAs a military spouse since the '80's, I can honestly tell you that's a terrible plan. That close to retirement, they are all too set in their ways and if they are single they either have multiple ex-wives and chldren to support or are just plain not worth having! Factor in they won't retire in that area and you face moving to a new area.No the base is so I can meet my future husband.. : ) . My son has completed his tour. He married a sweet girl from Oregon and they had twins. So i'm a granny.
Formulate a new man hunting plan...
- Jul 4, '12 by Nurse2bKimberlyQuote from Fiona59Online dating sites, perhaps?Formulate a new man hunting plan...
- Jul 5, '12 by Nurse__Mary@Fiona your comment made me LOL. You have a valid point. I never thought of it that way.
@Kimberly online dating is like knocking on the door of hell and asking satan to let one of his workers out.
The military side of my plans isn't set in stone and i'm ok with remaining single for the rest of my life. Having a lot of strong men to look at daily would make being single much easier. A girl can dream.
- Jul 5, '12 by Nurse2bKimberly@ Mary I agree 10000000% . I absolutely detest online dating sites & it will be a cold day in hell before I sign up for one again lololol. But I mentioned it b/c some ppl have found success with it ::shrug::. Lol. Let's just let nature take its course :-)
- Jul 18, '12 by GiGi100I like your post. I often dream of the same thing except my baby is just 11 yrs. old and I am married. I would relocate in a minute if the youngest was at least out of high school so it's still a distant possibility. I would go for the beach locale if I were in your place and the RN .
- Jul 20, '12 by bluemorninggloryYou could get the best of both worlds by choosing a post close to a large city...like Fort Lewis or Fort Hood..