I think I care too muchRegister Today!
- by nikkinels Mar 27Ive been an LPN for 1.5 years and believe me when I say I was on cloud 9 after I graduated school. So fast forward to 2013 and what Ive noticed is that there isn't any "care" in this industry. I am tired of making enemies because I choose to do whats right. I am tired of feeling like an outcast at work when I report things that arent supposed to be. Sunday I damn near got assaulted by a CNA because I intervened when she felt the need to take a patients tray and hand it to another patient. I kid you not this is the 7th job that Ive had since Ive been a nurse!!! I dont know what to do! I am tired of feeling like doing the right thing is the "wrong" thing to do. I am tired of CNAs over stepping boundaries, I am tried off management turning blind eyes. I am JUST TIRED. I honestly dont know how much more of this I can take before I say screw it and find another field!!!Can someone please tell me where I can find employment where the staff actually cares? Pleaseeeee
At wits end...
- Mar 27 by jlynn0324This is my biggest fear. I just graduated LPN school. What shift do you work? I will be working nights. Maybe its a little calmer.. Feel more in control??
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Mar 27 by Desiree222I've been an LPN for more than 2 years now..having worked entirely in an acute setting..and I have to say...that I truly made a mistake with this career choice. Not once have I left work thinking that I had done anything worthwhile despite having done worthwhile things.. What's happening right now on my floor is that we have this new manager who is micromanaging everyone which is making everyone fearful and anxious and moral has plummeted by 110%. Nurses who rarely called in sick are calling in sick regularly and there doesn't seem to be an end to the nightmare that has descended on our floor. What does the health authority think we are? Mules without feelings and inner lives? It makes a huge difference if you actually feel comfortable and appreciated at work instead of worrying that every little thing you do is being monitored and judged by not only management but now co-workers. I feel as though I'm in hell.
- Mar 27 by CNLLVNYep I am in that same boat I cry everyday when I leave! It is hell! Luckily I have great CNAs on my shift but it's administration that only care about money and numbers. Not why I became a nurse! I really hope it gets better for you I know how terrible it is
- Nights are good especially if you have a good team of CNAs. Its more peaceful. I started working nights but my supervisor convinced me that I was too "strong" to work nights. I go back and forth
- Quote from CNLLVNGosh me too!! The bottom line is filling beds! I hate nursing ughYep I am in that same boat I cry everyday when I leave! It is hell! Luckily I have great CNAs on my shift but it's administration that only care about money and numbers. Not why I became a nurse! I really hope it gets better for you I know how terrible it is
- Apr 5 by CNLLVNI feel like that some days. It really saddens me that I can't wait for my days off just so I don't have to deal with the stress of work. We recently had student nurses at our building and the instructors even made comments about how understaffed and overworked we are. I am really hoping I can get some sort of change soon. I literally sleep my life away on my days off because the demands of my job are wearing me down. Hoping for the best is all we can do at this point