how to get rehired...is it possible?Register Today!
This is a discussion on how to get rehired...is it possible? in LPN / LVN Corner, part of General Nursing ... I worked in a LTC facility 10 years ago as a CNA and was a good employee except for one thing...I...by rvnburton Jul 22, '12I worked in a LTC facility 10 years ago as a CNA and was a good employee except for one thing...I didnt work out my full notice....now here I am 10 years later and I am now an LPN with great work record and great references....I want to go back to that LTC facility but cant seem to even get an interview! I have even asked HR if they can tell me if I am even eligible for rehire and all they say is that they do a case by case basis...so I guess that means maybe I am...any suggestions on anything I could do to help get back on there? Thanks for any advise!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=761031©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 859 Views
- Jul 22, '12 by xoemmylouoxWell I would see if the DON or ADON are the same. You need an "in" to get an interview.
- Jul 22, '12 by rvnburtonThe DON is different than when I was there previously...should I try to contact her directly?
- Jul 22, '12 by xoemmylouoxWell if it is a different person I don't know how much help the DON will be. Perhaps you have a unit manager that is still there? You could always just submit an app. and go from there. This may take awhile since technically you shouldn't be eligible for rehire. Good luck,
- Jul 22, '12 by itsmejuliGet your interview gear on, print up your resume and go in there and ask for DON.
- Jul 26, '12 by rvnburtonSo....I called HR and she said my application was forwarded to the DON....waited a couple days and called the DON...she said she didnt have my application and would check with HR and call me back...called me back in a couple minutes and told me HR has my application and would call me if they have questions or if a FT jobs opens up....THEY HAVE NEW FT JOBS POSTED EVERY WEEK!!!! Any suggesrions on what to do?? Am I getting the run-around??? Should I just let it go...cause I really want to work there.
- Jul 26, '12 by xoemmylouoxSounds to me like the run around. If you really want the job you could keep checking in. I however would not want in an environment where I had to beg for a job.
- Jul 29, '12 by meandmine1984Yes it sounds like ur getting the run around a whole lot.!!!! U r better than that. Find somewhere else to work.
- Jul 29, '12 by rvnburtonQuote from meandmine1984Your absolutely right! Whether they care to see it or not....I am a good nurse...and they will miss out on having a good employee! I am applying to other places...and I am not calling them anymore. The only way I will be talking to them is if they call me. I have already wasted too much time trying to get an interview...I am moving on!Yes it sounds like ur getting the run around a whole lot.!!!! U r better than that. Find somewhere else to work.
- Jul 30, '12 by meandmine1984Now that's a REAL NURSES (R.N.):smile:attitude for you!!! Good for you!!! I love it!!Last edit by Esme12 on Jul 30, '12 : Reason: TOS/txt speak