1. Are you allowed to have your own patients? How many patients can you have partnered? I carry all my own patients, when we are busy about 8 or 9 patients. We don't do partners, if I have an IV drug to give, I tell my charge nurse and she does it.
2. If you are paired with an RN - what duties do you do and what does the RN do?
Only the IV stuff
3. Are you allowed to do the assessment on the patient? Does the RN sign off on it? I do all my own assessments, and if there is a new admit, I still do it, but an RN cosigns. Other than brand new admits, my assessments are all on me.
4. How does your day go? My day goes fast, lol. Report, then on the floor doing my thing, assessments, meds, orders to note, family to speak with, charting, paperwork, etc.
5. What state do you work in? Iowa, baby
I love working in my hospital, I never feel put down, or made to feel guilty because I can't do certain duties. I am one of 3 LPNs. ( we only have 9 nurses) SMALL hospital