career choices :)Register Today!
- by JulieVN:) Apr 17What specialty did you want to work in during nursing school? Did you end up doing that or something different?
- Apr 17 by libran1984In LPN school I wanted to be an ER nurse.... I actually got it a year after graduation too... insane!!
- Apr 17 by JulieVN:)Yay.. I want to do L&D or work in an OB clinc but its hard to get into that as a LVN :/
- Apr 18 by DreamyEyesGeriatrics or Psych. I work in geriatrics but most days feel like I work in psych, especially on the dementia floor!
- Apr 19 by TheCommuterI was attracted to LTC during my LVN program's clinical rotations. I ended up working in various LTC facilities and nursing homes for six years. Since LTC is generally easier to break into than other more sought-after specialties, this should be no surprise.
If I had aspirations for the ICU, labor & delivery, or some other high-acuity specialty, I definitely would have had difficulties breaking into these units as an LVN in the city where I live.
- Apr 21 by TracyDicksonTrauma! I loved it and did it for 8 years.