Can LPN License be endorsed from Ca to NY?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Can LPN License be endorsed from Ca to NY? in LPN / LVN Corner, part of General Nursing ... Hi I was just wondering if ever I became a LPN in California and would like to request for LPN...by Ms.Angela Sep 15, '12Hi I was just wondering if ever I became a LPN in California and would like to request for LPN license in NY by endorsement, is that possible?
I am presently processing my application in california where I would be staying at a friend's house. until this previous weeks I have thought of the conveniency I have if I will stay in New York for personal reasons. however, as a BSN educated outside (particularly in the Philippines) it requires for me to apply for CVS which is a bit pricy and would take about 1 year to finish.
somebody please answer,
Im sorry if ever this concern was raised previously.. (if it is, please tag the link)
so that I could obtain more information.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=785387©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,492 Views
- Sep 15, '12 by Silverdragon102You still have to meet requirements so check the BON website however if trained outside the US then expect to meet different requirements ie CVS, CVS takes approx 6 months and then another approx 2 months for BON to decide if you are eligible to sit NCLEX RN so expect something similar for LPN if that is a requirement.
- Sep 16, '12 by niteguy65NYS Nursing:Application Forms RN & LPN
this is the web site it has all the information that you will need
- Sep 16, '12 by dragon_ladyWhen you applied using method 3 or equivalency,you cannot endorse your license in any other state.Only US educated LPN can .That's what i've read on the BVN website.
- Sep 16, '12 by NRSKarenRNI would apply directly to NY instead of going through California to save yourself money and headaches as NY does permit professional nurses to apply for LPN license. There is no requirement for concurrent theory and clinical.
Licensed Practical Nursing
To meet the professional education requirement for licensure as a licensed practical nurse, you must have completed high school or the equivalent, and present satisfactory evidence of either a, b or c below.
- graduation from at least a nine-month program in practical nursing registered by the New York State Education Department as licensure qualifying or recognized as preparatory for practice as a licensed practical nurse by the licensing authority or appropriate governmental agency in the jurisdiction where the school is located; or
- completion of at least a nine-month program of study that is satisfactory to the New York State Education Department in a program conducted by the armed forces of the United States; or
- graduation from an approved program in general professional nursing.
In addition to the professional education requirement, every applicant for licensure or limited permit as a licensed practical nurse must also complete approved coursework or training appropriate to the professional's practice in infection control and barrier precautions, including engineering and work practice controls, to prevent the transmission of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and the hepatitis b virus (HBV) in the course of professional practice. See additional information and a list of approved providers for this training.
Verifying Education Credentials From Non-U.S. Programs
Applicants who have completed LPN or RN education outside of the US must have their education credentials verified by the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS). Such applicants should contact CGFNS at www.cgfns.org for the application and instructions to complete the CGFNS Credential Verification Service for New York State. Please note that this verification process is not the same as CGFNS' Certification Program (which is required for registered nurse applicants applying for limited permits). The CGFNS Credentials Verification Service for New York State licensure applicants is a process for verifying the authenticity of education credentials. The CGFNS Credentials Verification Service for New York State does not indicate approval by the New York State Education Department of the content of education. After education credentials are verified by CGFNS, they are then forwarded to and evaluated by the New York State Education Department.
You will be advised in writing of the results of the New York State Education Department's evaluation of your education. In addition, the licensing examination administrator will be notified if you are eligible for the examination.
Contact CGFNS at:
The Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS)
PO Box 8628
Philadelphia, PA 19101-8628
Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Sep 16, '12
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am pertaining if I passed the LPN exams and became became an LPN with few experiences (because I am planning to volunteer) then decided to move from NY.
based from your opinions, it seems to me that endorsement is not applicable? but rather I have to apply for new license together with their corresponding requirements
Your reply has been very informative. thanks!
- Quote from NRSKarenRNWhat a relief to hear that there is no requirement for concurrent theory & clinical. (because that might be my problem in my Ca application) yes, you are right! I would just have directly applied in the NY directly. but what concerns me most the long period off CVS.I would apply directly to NY instead of going through California to save yourself money and headaches as NY does permit professional nurses to apply for LPN license. There is no requirement for concurrent theory and clinical.
NYS Nursing:License Requirements
I would like to ask for a follow-up question
If NY will not find me qualified for NCLEX RN, is it possible to move my application to LPN instead?
Due to long mos of CVS would take, and with your experiences encountered.. can i work as volunteer despite of having only my diploma? because I am planning to work part time and work as volunteer to gain experiences while waiting for a license
I am very eager to wait for your reply
- Quote from dragon_ladythank you for your reply. ! you have eased my anxiety. time to think about some options. . .When you applied using method 3 or equivalency,you cannot endorse your license in any other state.Only US educated LPN can .That's what i've read on the BVN website.
- Sep 16, '12 by Silverdragon102Currently we haven't seen NY deny RN training from the Philippines. Yes CVS is long ie 6 months but that is the time frame that CGFNS use in sending for and receiving your documents. If documents are sent back quickly then the time could be shorter.
- Quote from Silverdragon102thank you very much.Currently we haven't seen NY deny RN training from the Philippines. Yes CVS is long ie 6 months but that is the time frame that CGFNS use in sending for and receiving your documents. If documents are sent back quickly then the time could be shorter.
Im sorry if I keep on asking, haha
I am flying to NY tentatively next month.. having only my BSN degree, I am looking for experiences while waiting for my application. can I work as a volunteer even if I have my diploma? will they allow that? while volunteering, Im planning to have part time jobs also to sustain myself.
im sorry if my questions was with a touch of my personal life. xD