Any San Antonio LVN's here?Register Today!
- by Kaligirl02 Jul 10Hey everyone! I've been having no luck on the Texas board.. So maybe I get somewhere here. Any SA LVN's around? I have a couple of questions to ask you!! Thanks in advance!
- Jul 11 by Pangea ReunitedI sent you a message.
- Jul 12 by MedChicaHey...!
- Jul 12 by Kaligirl02MedChica- do you have any advice?
- Jul 19 by leeroijaewonWhats the problem? Board exam you mean?
- Jul 23 by Kaligirl02No, I passed the NCLEX in Feb. I just had some questions about the job market. Are you in San Antonio?
- Jul 23 by leeroijaewonYes I am in SA. Its quite difficult getting a job here. I got a first job offer after 6 months of searching. Then I quit there after 2 months. Then got another job at long term care after 1 month. Mine is ok but I heard many are worst. Even 1 year of wait to some. Try home health I can email you some leads if you want.
- Jul 23 by Kaligirl02Ouch... That would be awesome! I had 5 job offers prior to passing NCLEX. I love my job now, but we are moving to lackland in September. I really want to work at Baptist, they have 15 LVN openings there, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath huh? How is the pay out there? Here in Alaska I get 22.90 at the rehab/LTC... Would I be dreaming if I thought the pay was around that out in San Antonio?
- Jul 25 by TheCommuterQuote from Kaligirl02Many RNs in San Antonio aren't even paid $22.90 hourly. $19 to $23 hourly is the range for new grad RNs in SA hospital systems.Here in Alaska I get 22.90 at the rehab/LTC... Would I be dreaming if I thought the pay was around that out in San Antonio?
As an LVN with several years of experience, I assume you could command $19 to $22 in the local nursing homes, but the hospital pay rates will be downright piddling...
Keep in mind that SA has more nursing schools per capita than any large city in Texas. All of the new nurses graduating into the local employment market every few months only serves to keep the wages somewhat depressed, especially in the acute care hospital setting.
- Jul 25 by CPLove2013I worked in a San Antonio area hospital until recently as an LVN. I had approx 4 years experience when I started and my pay was less than $17/hr.