North louisiana programsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on North louisiana programs in Louisiana State Nursing Programs, part of Louisiana Nursing ... I'm currently in my second semester at bpcc. Still getting my basics, but I'm trying figure out...by msgriffith Jan 8I'm currently in my second semester at bpcc. Still getting my basics, but I'm trying figure out where I want finish. I've heard bpcc program is great and would love to finish but I've heard so many apply and not enough spots. I know nsu Shreveport more credits with them better chances but school cost more and with 5 kids I need keep cost down. I've also been told good things about panola college in Carthage, tx I don't mind the drive. Any input would be nice. Also, is it true certain hospitals hire according to where you attend school?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=806775©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 424 Views
- Jan 8 by Danielle318Have you considered Grambling or Tech?
- Jan 8 by msgriffithNo, I did not know Tech had a nursing program.
- Jan 10 by ~passionateSN~I am starting third level at Panola and I went to bpcc for my Pre req classes and transferred. I did not want to go to clinicals in la because the entrance exams are harder than in Texas. I applied to Panola and Kilgore but chose Panola and I love it there! I graduate this December yay. You should look into it! The Texas curriculum is a little different but I started out knowing I was applying in Texas.
- Jan 21 by Danielle318Yes but Tech has a 2 year RN program. I've heard that it's VERY hard to get into the professional component of the program considering that only take around 30 people, require recommendation letters & you also have to score pretty well on their pre admissions test. They require more than Grambling & Grambling offers a BSN
- Jan 23 by mwc1230I just graduated from Southern at Shreveport. Their nursing school is downtown on Texas street.