LSUHSC CARE Program Information - Page 45Register Today!
- Feb 18, '11 by LSUHSC_2011???@ NolaRachel, I think over-preparing for interview is a mistake. You don't want to sound over scripted, instead go into the interview knowing why nursing is your life time career, be personable, and above all have some confidence. It sounds to me that the questions are different from group to group.
@ lvlistercho, I'm looking at LSU traditional and Charity and your right the earliest is Spring 2012. I just got back from talking with an advisor about the charity program and all I have left really to do is take the Teas for admissions and once I hear if I'm accepted (which the advisor seemed confident I would have very little trouble) I can work on taking A&P 1 and 2 during the summer and fall before spring 2012. But, I'm not giving up on LSU CARE!!!!
- Feb 18, '11 by lvlisterchoHey LSUHSC_2011??? Just FYI, you need to sign-up to take the TEAS Exam ASAP! They don't have any more space at City Park and I just signed up at the Westbank campus today to take the exam on Monday, and they only had four spaces left for Monday and Wednesday! These are the last two dates for the TEAS exam before the application deadline of Feb. 28. Good luck and hopefully we both get into LSU CARE and don't have to worry about Charity!
- Feb 18, '11 by LSUHSC_2011???lvlistercho, thanks for the heads up I'm doing that on Monday asap! And I second that idea; good luck to you too (hopefully doing this for nothing, but a refresher on standardized test taking skills)!
- Feb 21, '11 by nolamorI don't have any backup schools either (eeek!). I'm specifically interested in attaining my BSN and the number of schools in the N.O. area that offer that are very limited. I know Dillard offers it and William Carey but those didn't really fit my interests. I found it unfortunate that you can't apply to both CARE and the traditional LSUHSC BSN program at the same time. So my plan, if I don't get into CARE, is to apply for the traditional next semester and go from there.
I've heard some CARE students say that between now and the day classes start is a good time to TAKE A BREAK. They said don't worry about studying now, worry about getting in a final vacation, reading some good books, spending time with family etc. One the program begins, there is very little time for those kinds of things so take advantage now. I'm like you in that I thought I'd begin studying for some of the harder courses, but instead I think I'll take the CARE students' advice and relax before the school begins (hopefully) in August.
- Feb 21, '11 by ldncraftWhere do you find info about the TEAS test? I went to the ATI site and they said Eunice was the only option in the state. I also have only applied to LSU, but I'm starting to look around at possible options in and out of state...kind of kicking myself for putting all my eggs in one basket.
- Feb 21, '11 by lvlisterchoI hear ya Lili209.... it kind of sucks going to a 2 year ASN/ADN program when you know there are programs out there that offer accelerated BSNs in less than 2 years! I pretty much decided that if I don't get into LSU CARE this go-around, I'm going back to work for a year and then apply to the accelerated BSN program at Our Lady of the Lake (yes, they will be offering an 18 month-accelerated BSN coming in the Fall of 2012 at the Tulane Med Center and at the Baton Rouge main campus!!!)... And I could reapply for the CARE program as well.
ldnevala... go to Delgado Westbank. City park campus does not have any more space for TEAS exam. To sign up, you have to go to the testing center in person and sign-up (building 2, room 103 i believe). Bring $50 cause they make you pay before you get your admit ticket. Their LAST TEST DAY is Wednesday, Feb. 23 (so get over there soon!) I took my TEAS exam today and it was way easier than I expected.... scored in the 96 percentile without even knowing what the test was about. The only section I didn't do super well in was math because they ask a lot of questions from algebra and geometry where you need to know formulas. All very basic, so don't stress out. If you already went to college and have a Bachelor's Degree, this test should be a piece of cake.
- Feb 22, '11 by LSUHSC_2011???The Delgado application has been extended till march 18 the last test day is march 10. Also, as I calculated getting a ADN from Delgado and then doing the RN-BSN at LSU will take about three years which is longer than CARE but it allows one to tech while going to school (ADN) and then going to school while hopefully nursing. So either way I have made peace with either outcome. (Though I am still strongly hoping for CARE!). I guess what I mean to say is that I'm hell bound to be an RN as fast as my little feet can take me there...
- Mar 14, '11 by ldncraftWho's still waiting on their interview?? Must be getting close. Good luck!!
- Mar 15, '11 by NolaRachelI'm interviewing this Saturday.
- Mar 21, '11 by nolamorSo now all the interviews should be over right? Does anyone have any info whatsoever on when they will begin to send out letters/make calls/etc? I'm so tempted to call over to the office to see if they can give me any info but I'm sure they are quite busy at the moment and probably don't need the added annoyance of hundreds of applicants calling to ask for a 'status update.'
Did anyone who interviewed this weekend get a sense of when we will hear something?