LSUHSC Admissions? HELPRegister Today!
This is a discussion on LSUHSC Admissions? HELP in Louisiana State Nursing Programs, part of Louisiana Nursing ... I am trying to apply to nursing school for the Fall 2010 semester. I am terrified that I will not...by mdupri1 Dec 11, '09I am trying to apply to nursing school for the Fall 2010 semester. I am terrified that I will not get into the program. Currently my GPA is 3.4. I have 3 C's on my transcript in Biology Lab, Sociology, and Microbiology. Will this affect my admissions? Has anyone been accepted into the program with a lower GPA or more C's??
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=444115©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,834 Views
- Dec 12, '09 by newgirlahey mallory,
i just got accepted for spring 2010..i had a 3.6 but my friend had a 3.2 and got accepted..I know they changed their requirements..i think the only classes u need to worry about are math english 1 bio lab and lecture psyc and chem..thats the gpa theyre looking for and ur hesi test. I would def. study all these few weeks u have til the test deadline because if u have a good score itll make up for w/e C's u have. but micro and sociology dont count..and def. dont worry bout the c in lab..if u have good grades in lecture thats what counts. Dont fret..i know its easier said then done but ull be fine!
- Dec 12, '09 by mdupri1thanks,
That makes me feel better. Does the number of C's affect your acceptance? What courses did you friend have C's in and did you have any C's? As of now i have straight A's 1 B and 3 C's in my nursing courses, apparently my counselor told me that I cannot get in with any C's which is why in so scared. Congrats on getting accepted! Good Luck
- Dec 12, '09 by newgirlagirl shes just telling u that so ull work harder! lol my friend had 2 C's i think..but not in important classes. so ull b fine! and thank u!
oh and ur grades sound like what she had but she had more B's than A's
- Dec 23, '09 by whodat504Hi Mallory,
If I were you, i would possibly look into taking the classes over that you got C's in. All of the prerequisite classes are taken into consideration. This includes all of your science classes, too. I know a girl who had a C in biology. This was her only C in her prereqs and she was advised to take it over again. She did and she got into the program. LSU nursing school is very challenging. I am a very good student and I still struggled with the first semester classes. Good Luck with everything!
- Dec 23, '09 by newgirlathey changed what pre reqs theyre looking for..as long as u have A's and B's in those certain classes you're fine. My friend is applying with you and thats what they told her because she has C's in microbiology and music. So just worry about the HESI and the certain prereqs listed
- Dec 23, '09 by mdupri1Thanks,
I retook Microbiology and i got an A, so my GPA is now a 3.6 I still have 2 C's which are in Biology lab and Sociology. Do you think they are looking more at GPA or the grades that you make in the courses?
- Dec 23, '09 by newgirlatheyre looking at both. the classes u have C's in are fine..my friend made a c in micro art biology lab and chemistry..had a 3.2 gpa and got in the first time. theyre looking at psychology, english one, math, bio lab, bio lecture, and chemistry. make sure u have good grades on those. thats what theyre looking for
- Dec 29, '09 by fattygirlDoes anyone know what you have to score on the HESI for LSUHSC Nursing school BSN program?
- Jan 29, '10 by nursestudent1975I know this was posted some time ago, but I was wondering if someone had an update? I was originally going to apply to LSUHSC but figured I didn't have a chance. Now I have some more pre-req.s under my belt and I'm looking back into it. I first went to UNO, but then decided to apply to Charity, so I went to DCC. I had to take API & APII so I'm hoping that helps, but I know I would still have to re-take it anyway at LSUHSC. My question was...what school are you coming from? I know that LSUHSC takes preference to people already in the LSU sysem when looking at applicants. Now I'm not at UNO so I wonder if I even have a chance .