LSU CARE ProgramRegister Today!
This is a discussion on LSU CARE Program in Louisiana State Nursing Programs, part of Louisiana Nursing ... Hello, I am new to this site and I am applying for the LSU CARE program for the Fall of 2011. I...by jschex6 Dec 15, '10Hello,
I am new to this site and I am applying for the LSU CARE program for the Fall of 2011. I was wondering if anyone is in the program right now or if they have completed the program and can offer any advice? Did you find it extremely difficult? What were your hardest courses? Is it beneficial if you already have a science degree? Really any advice would be helpful. Thanks!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=521373©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,817 Views
- Dec 15, '10 by cpkRNHi there,
We have a whole big thread going on this. If you read through it, you'll get some really good information.
I am currently in CARE IX and will be graduating in May. You really can't plan for anything because schedules can be frustrating (see the other thread). People with science degrees are stuggling just as much as those of us with liberal arts degrees. We have several holding master's degrees and they have trouble too. It's an equal-opportunity butt kicker! Nobody has a 4.0.
The hardest course is probably physiology in your first semester - we lost 8 classmates to that and another 5 to pharmacology. Beyond that, the struggle is getting used to the odd format that nursing questions come in.
- Dec 16, '10 by jschex6I am new to this. Where can I find the ongoing thread? Thanks for your reply.
- Dec 16, '10 by jschex6Nevermind, I found it. I didn't realize the most recent replies are at the end. Thanks!
- Jan 4, '11 by clssygrl80Heyjschex6!! I am also reapplying to the CARE program at LSU. I applied last year but the app. pool was very competitive, but since then I've taken a couple of classes to pull my 3.5 up to at least a 3.7-3.8 soo, but keep in touch.
Does anyone know of ppl that actually reapplied in the previous classes?
- Jan 4, '11 by jschex6Hi clssygrl80,
Do you know when they start holding interviews? If you don't mind me asking, was it your overall GPA that was a 3.5 or your pre-reqs GPA? I hate that you have to wait so long to interview and to find out any info. Good luck to you.
- Jan 4, '11 by clssygrl80Well last year was a bit different bc the application had to be turned in later but now it's the 15 of January so I'm guessing the interviews will be in the middle of February. My pre-reqs were 3.56 they only go by your prerequisites and thanks for the Good Luck and back at you :-)