LSU BSN Fall 2012 applicants - Page 9Register Today!
- Feb 19, '12 by initialsOh boy... la crepe nanou sounds amazing!!!! I'm so excited, I'm counting down the days! Hey, so what should I bring to wear to the interview?
- Feb 20, '12 by mgmgmgim going to wear something dressy casual with flats... no need to be too over the top dressy. just presentable and professional...
- Feb 20, '12 by stellanoellaI forgot to give ya'll an update. Mardi Gras invaded my schedule. I got a call the other day for March 10th also. Super excited!!! =) Good Luck eveyone!
- Feb 21, '12 by initialsVery nice stella! What time?
- Feb 21, '12 by stellanoella2pm! Didn't want to rush in the morning to the most important interview of my life
- Feb 21, '12 by initialsGood plan!!! Mine is at 11... figure I'll just walk from my hotel over at about 930... just to be on the safe side! What do people usually wear everyday in New Orleans?
- Feb 29, '12 by nolalolaHi initials - at my interview a few weeks ago, most of the applicants were wearing business-appropriate outfits. One girl had jeans on, and another lady had a really short (but nice) skirt and HIGH heels but everyone else was more middle of the road. I wore a cashmere sweater over a silk shell, slacks, heels and some conservative jewelry and that seemed fine. By March 10th NOLA might already be quite warm - we are in the 70s this week, so check the weather.
LSUHSC isn't in the best part of town, but it is fairly close to the quarter, CBD and the Uptown/Tulane areas. Depending on where your hotel is, it might be a better idea to take a cab instead of walking just to be safe. If you have time, check out the shops and restaurants on Magazine St. for some fun places. Read through the reviews on UrbanSpoon.com for different restaurant reviews - they are usually pretty right-on. You can also check out nola.com for local events - there are always festivals going on. Try to get out of the French Quarter - it's fun for a night, but there is SO much more to NOLA!
Also, I found it a little confusing actually getting into the LSUHSC on the weekend - apparently visitors used to be able to park in the Gravier St. garage but can't get in now that they are renovating it. Fortunately, there is a lot of street parking available right next to the garage. You can walk in through the pedestrian gate, cross to the garage elevators, go up to the overhead walkway level (they have a closed overhead walkway system connecting buildings on the campus) and follow the signs to the nursing school. The walkway system is pretty big, so it might take a minute or two to make sure you're going in the right direction. I would give yourself a good 20 minutes to get from the street outside to the interview lobby area (but you should be able to make it in MUCH less time).
The LSU staff and students conducting the interviews all went out of their way to reassure us - made a big point of telling us all just to relax, not stress. My interview team really just wanted to get to know me, make sure I understood what the CARE program would be like and get more information about what I wanted out of nursing - it was not like a job interview, more like a good round-table discussion.
Best of luck to you!
- Feb 29, '12 by initialsNolaLola, thanks so much for the info! I remember getting instructions on how to get to the lobby but boy were they confusing! Thanks for clearing that up! I got a hotel and they said that I could walk to the French Quarter ok but to definitely take a cab to the school, so I'm planning on that.
I am SO excited!!!! I've never been down south before (except when I was about 9, in AL), and so I'm really looking forward to the culture shock I'm sure to have
Thanks again!!! Does anyone know when we should hear about acceptance after this interview date?
- Feb 29, '12 by nolalolaI've combed through past threads about LSU and it looks like people start getting letters at the end of April and into the beginning of May. I hate that we have to wait so long to find out, since people who are accepted to other schools usually have to let them know something in April about whether they are planning to take the spot. C'est la vie! The waiting is seriously killing me already...and we still have TWO months to go!
- Feb 29, '12 by initialsOH MY GOSH right!??!?! I've applied to several other schools and I can't wait to hear back... it's killing me!!! The worst is my local community college... they don't send out letters till July! Ridiculous! So I guess I'll just have to keep distracting myself until I forgot about the application and get surprised when I get something in the mail!!!!
TWO MONTHS! Ah!!!! The anticipation!!!