Charity SON Spring 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on Charity SON Spring 2012 in Louisiana State Nursing Programs, part of Louisiana Nursing ... Hello all, I have been looking around at the website for a while now but just decided to join...by DHSmith84 Feb 11, '11Hello all,
I have been looking around at the website for a while now but just decided to join today. Am about to apply to Charity SON for the Spring 2012 class. I just took my TEAS two days ago and got a 84.7 which brings my profile score up to a 70. I'm pretty sure this is a competitive score but I'm getting freaked out because I keep hearing that Charity is accepting less and less people each year. Is anyone in the same boat as I am? My application is due Feb 28 and then its going to be a while before I even get the accept/denial letter, but the suspense is already killing me! Its going to be a long few months ahead of me.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=532066©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,299 Views
- Feb 12, '11 by lagirl601hello,
I am currently a Level 3 student at Charity. I believe a 70 IS a competitive score. I don't have any insight as to whether the school is accepting less students, etc. In talking to other students and reading comments on this site, it seems that around 50-55 is usually the cut-off.
- Feb 13, '11 by scared88I applied for Spring 2012 back on December 9 (I do things wayyyyy in advance). I am about to graduate in Pre-Med from LA Tech University in May, so I have alot of extensive study in biology and chemistry, but I don't have a very good GPA. I made a 85 on the TEAS, and all my pre-reqs have been completed within 4 years. I'm scared too! I applied to LSU and got called for an interview, so that's exciting--but they give everyone who meets the criteria for admissions an interview. I just want to get into nursing school in NOLA!!! I'm so ready to start!
- Feb 13, '11 by scared88And I have 2 years of work experience in the ER. I have all these things for me, but I really don't know if any of it will make a difference. sigh.
- Feb 14, '11 by kubana87whats ur gpa? dont worry you will get in
- Feb 20, '11 by kelbert82Hi do you know which version of the Teas you took I am retaking it in two days and just found out it might be a different version than what i am studying for. I took it over a year ago. Thanks for any advice.
- Feb 21, '11 by RN2B12krp,
I just responded to your PM. I went back and looked at my score sheet. You are studying the right one, it was the 3.0 that I took September. Good luck
- Apr 8, '11 by LA985NDid anyone hear if they got in for spring 2012 yet?!
- Apr 8, '11 by scared88They're picking the applicants this month for spring '12!
- Apr 8, '11 by RN2B12Good luck everyone. They sent the letters for Fall 2011 3 weeks earlier than they usually do. Also, I was not accepted, and it seems like they send acceptance letters first, then the denial letters. It could have just been a coincidence though.