Charity SON Fall 2012 - Page 46Register Today!
- Jul 26, '12 by MamisuHello everyone! I enjoyed orientation too. I think I am also going to try to get the parking for $100 a semester at LSU lot. A instructor told us in the mini sessions we had at the end that since this semester starts with a new curriculum, we're going to start with clinicals waaaay sooner than past semesters and we're going to have it 2xs a week every week, I'm excited about that! I can't wait for tomorrow!
- Jul 27, '12 by cambiumMorning,
leaving in a minute but will be wearing a fishing shirt and brown slacks..let't see how many faces we can put with a name. Also, if we want to arrange carpooling then we need to begin figuring that out...look forward to meeting everyone!!
- Jul 27, '12 by shawn39Today I met Nurseflow. She informed me that we had a class together. (which was cool) How do you guys feel about the eBooks? I dont like it. I'm trying to get rid of my negitive feelings about it and do what they want. I knew there would be issues with the new curriculum. I'm curious as to how you all feel.
- Jul 27, '12 by Phi823Hey, yeah, nurseflow is in our pharmacology class too, but I put in my request to switch clinical sections so if it's approved, it may change my pharm time as well. No, I do NOT like the ebooks AT ALL!!! I think I'm going to get the print books, and when you purchase those, it comes with the ebooks too, but it's 20% higher. I have to have a regular book!!! And what about the drug book?? I thought we were supposed to have that in clinicals. I don't want to sound like 'debbie downer', but it's bad enough that everything is going to be new to us, and then to have to learn how to navigate through this too is overwhelming to me.
- Jul 27, '12 by cambiumDear debbie, et al...
I really am not with the e-books either, I am used to having a regular text and besides, I don't have a laptop or anything so that is another added expense!! Not sure which way to go, there are some positives with both, I like the search feature but am not familiar with that system so will have to learn that as well...
- Jul 27, '12 by Phi823Should have known you would have responded to the 'debbie' joke!! They said we HAVE TO get the ebook version, but if you wanted to get the printed version you could have to go along with it. So, I guess we have to bring our laptop to class, right?? Just like we would bring our book?? Don't know.
- Jul 27, '12 by BundokSaintWow, they are making y'all buy the ebooks?
I admit I bought them along with the printed versions for Basics and NACI, but, while cool to have on your computer, I didn't find them as useful as the salesrep made them out to be. I found myself using the real texts more than their ebook counterparts. YMMV
- Jul 27, '12 by shawn39I think its what they want us to do but its not required. I looked up all the books on Amazon and the total cost for paper back was $477. 00 which is $10.00 more than the cost of the ebooks. I dont think we will use all of those books. In one of the seminars yesterday some of the SAC members said not to buy every book on the list because you dont use them. did anyone buy there nurse pac yet? if so where?
- Jul 27, '12 by nurseflowThey were not really clear at all today. I enjoyed yesterday's orientation. Today seemed like the rushed everything and didnt touch every base. That e-book is pretty cool, but know I need a smaller, but larger than my phone devive to tote to lectures. They should have let us know these things in advance. If everything is going to be on blackboard, there was not need for today's orientation!
By the way, It was nice to meet you shawn39. Its crazy how we knew each other, but didnt really know each other! lol
- Jul 27, '12 by nurseflowI know you can buy the nurse pack at the city park bookstore!