Charity SON Fall 2012 - Page 27Register Today!
- Apr 2, '12 by kaykay30Congratulations!!!!
- Apr 3, '12 by learning2carejust a reminder: anyone who would like to meet up tonight 6:30, a couple of us w be at Chilis in Slidell Also, a group will be meeting the day of the open house 4/21 (I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that one )
- Apr 3, '12 by learning2care[QUOTE=learning2care;6321530]just a reminder: anyone who would like to meet up tonight 6:30, a couple of us w be at Chilis in Slidell Also, a group will be meeting the day of the open house 4/21 (I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that one )[/QUOTEAlso if anyone is coming, I have red hair, glasses, and will have a red shirt on today. Thanks ]
- Apr 3, '12 by firrehorseYou guys enjoy tonight. I hope a lot of people show up.
I will be at the Open house on April 21th. I'm tall with short brown hair. I will try to remember to write my use name on the tag they give you.
- Apr 3, '12 by StudygroupF12I wish I could come tonight! I would love to meet everyone. I have class tonight at City Park until 6:45pm. I will be at the Open House and I am attending the advising session on Monday or Friday (still figuring out). Does anyone know when our first day of class is or if we will have anything we need to attend this summer? I am trying to stay with my fiance who is in the Navy in San Diego for the summer since we will be apart all semester ;/ Anyone live in the Kenner area? I would love to car pool next semester and I also want to start a study group asap. Anyone planning to work the first semester?
- Apr 3, '12 by MamisuHi studygroupF12! I live in Kenner. I also would like to meet with anyone accepted that lives in the Kenner/Metairie area. Even though I did get accepted to the program, I'm on the stand-by list for the fall but i would def. like to meet with you and others n the area. I am planning to go to the open house though.
- Apr 3, '12 by firrehorseStudygroupF12,
You sound like me. I also have class tonight till 6:45 at City Park but I will be at the open house.
I would think that we will know more about the future after the advising/orientation session.
I have to work, the question is what hours I will have available to work? And how many hours a week will I be able to do with studying. I think I will have a better grip on reality after our advising session.
Here's a shout-out to any current (especially first semester) Charity SON that can give us "A Day in the Life Of...." Maybe that will give us some realistic view on working and going to school? ANYONE?
- Apr 3, '12 by Phi823I think we will have to go to something before school starts called, "Student to Student Orientation" that is held in the gym. I also wanted to say that I know that we will have to take a CPR class too, and from the other threads on this site from previous Charity students, they won't let us take it at Red Cross. So, for the Northshore people, I looked at STPH's website, and the next one will be on 6/2 from 9-1. There is a test afterward too. It is $40. I don't know if they have one at Northshore or SMH though. I also saw where they were discussing the stethescope that we will have to purchase. Basically, what they said was to get a Littmann Cardiology one. You can get any one, I guess, but they were saying that the cardiology ones are better. Anyway, I don't remember the exact name of the thread, but I know it was students from 2008. Try to look it up. They also talked about a nursing kit that they sell at the bookstore at City Park. I'm sure they will tell us all of this and more, but thought I would share what I read.
- Apr 3, '12 by Phi823Oh, and I'll be at Chili's tonight too. Can't wait to meet ya'll!!!
- Apr 3, '12 by ellegirl7@ StudygroupF12, Class begins on 8/20. Orientation will be held on 7/26 from 8-3, and then on 7/27 from 8-1.