Charity/New Orleans Fall 2011 BasicsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Charity/New Orleans Fall 2011 Basics in Louisiana State Nursing Programs, part of Louisiana Nursing ... Basics instructors teach in sections, how do I find out who is teaching a particular section so i...by kfine Apr 5, '11Basics instructors teach in sections, how do I find out who is teaching a particular section so i can make a decision prior to registering for basics next week?
Is it best to choose a section by instructor or clinical site?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=548899©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,146 Views
- Apr 7, '11 by su9032Kfine,
I sent you a private email message for some tips because I can't list specific names on here. I was in Basics last spring at CSN. Clinical sites are important because you want something that is going to be somewhat convenient, but you also want a good match in terms of what you want in an instructor. Some students think that the best instructors are the easier ones and others prefer the more demanding ones. I have had a mix of both. That will become more of an issue for NAC1 in your second semester. Not sure if you have kids or not because that will make things more challenging when finding enough time to study.
- Apr 10, '11 by kubana87can u also copy me that message i need to find out too thanks
- Who got the clinical site they wanted in registration today?
My first choice filled up with a quickness even though I was online ready to go before 9am! Luckily, I was able to get into my second choice (the even # section of the same clinical site).
By the way, anyone know the exact date tuition is due for the Fall 2011 semester?
- yea me too my first choice was EJ hospital tuesday clinical but i got wed clinical because the other one got filled. I wanted to add touro but it didnt let me. Which clinical did u add?
- ok so i changed it to Oshner Kennner bc i heard the proffesor there its good and at EJ i think she is new or dont know her so dont want to risk it lol
- Quote from kubana87Lol, I did EJ also. I wanted that tue. clinical (for that 3-day weekend ) as well, but everytime I went to submit it said the section was closed even though I added it when it was still open. So I got the wed. one instead. Oh well, I guess after mid-semester when we go to the two day clinicals the schedule's pretty much the same anyway.yea me too my first choice was EJ hospital tuesday clinical but i got wed clinical because the other one got filled. I wanted to add touro but it didnt let me. Which clinical did u add?
I was debating whether to do the Ochsner Jefferson evening clinical because I'm pretty much right next door, but I figured all the action and more learning opportunities would be during the day.
- yea i had registered for the clinical for ej on Wednesday but that proffesor no one knows her so i think she is new i pick one that people say his good at Oshner kenner starts with H i cant put names here. add me on facebook an ill tell email@example.com
- yea well i have the experience from UNO to always go with the professors that people recommend because if you dont can mean the difference between passing or failing so I try to do everything to find out who that proffesor would be before hand. Anyways good luck and see yall at orientation!!! I dont know anyone else who will be there I hope I make friends ;-)