Anyone attended or going to attend LTC HammondRegister Today!
- by juliebean Oct 27, '09I will be starting the LPN program at LTC Hammond in August 2010. I was told orientation starts in June/July, but I would like to get info. on the teacher/program now if possible.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=434804©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 707 Views
- Nov 2, '09 by RyniqueQuote from juliebeanStudy, study, study. Make good grades, not just those that will get you by. Ignore negativity from other students as it will come in this program for some unknown reason. Ignore what others say about the teachers. You will get your own feel for them..whether it is negative or positive. But like I once mentioned, "YOU" have to get your own feel and gather your own opinion about each. The program is very nice and on point and detailed. Be prepared to not have much of a social life. I would not advise working either. I am currently enrolled at Delgado for the RN but have attended LTC-Hammond for their LPN before. You'll be ok and congrats!I will be starting the LPN program at LTC Hammond in August 2010. I was told orientation starts in June/July, but I would like to get info. on the teacher/program now if possible.Last edit by sirI on Nov 2, '09
- Nov 2, '09 by sirIgentle tos reminder:
while it is important to be able to network, everyone should be mindful of the following:
- it is a small world - when we narrow it down to a state and throw in some personal info, there is actually a pretty good chance someone may recognize you if you are not careful. your privacy is paramount to us.
- while allnurses.com is a wonderful place to vent (without excess personally identifiable details) it is not the place to express why ("x" specific person, place or program) is terrible. gripe away, but since we cannot permit allegations to be made about named entities, your care in not naming them is very much appreciated.
- please do not give out personal information about others. do not name names where anyone could identify the person in any facility including your nursing programs.
- Nov 4, '09 by juliebeanThank you for that information. I was told that one of the teachers is retiring after my class. I heard she is really hard but good. I have not received any information on the immunizations I may need to start nursing school and I know some need to be started months ahead of time. Do you know which ones I will need? Also where will we be doing clinical? Last question, are we off during the summer or does PN classes go straight through? Hope you don't mind all the questions. :spin:
- Nov 4, '09 by RyniqueYou need all of the shots including Tetanus with Diptheria. No, class rolls through the summer.