- by kelbert82 Dec 26, '08Does anyone know the cost to attend a vocational school not affiliated with a community college i have to take the tabe test that cost$50 but was wondering about tuition apposed to a community college because they dont offer full grants or financial aid only a portion.
- Dec 26, '08 by fiyaredchicki attend a ltc and the tuition is like 500? but if you qualify for the pell grant they give you the full pell.
- Dec 26, '08 by kelbert82I thought it would be more than that its for lpn school i just paid $575 for cna course there but i want to attend the lpn `16 month course and they said only half of the cost is usually covered by the grant
- Dec 26, '08 by fiyaredchickits like 500 a semester and it usually is 4 semesters the lpn program. what ltc are you looking at attending?
- Dec 26, '08 by kelbert82I actually found ut this one cost around 13k i dont think i am going to attend this one and look into the community college i am alraedy at i am just double guessing myself because i cant get into rn school until end of 2010 and the lpn course is only 14 months at this same college and dont think my finacial situation can wait until 3 years to make descent money so i am trying to consider weither or not i should ge my lpn first then go back for rn after i am working at a hospital ?
- Dec 27, '08 by fiyaredchickwhat is the name of the school with the 14th month program?
- Dec 27, '08 by kelbert82Delgado Community college in new orleans i am attending there alreadly for pre reqs for rn proogram. I alreadly have th epre reqs for lpn program so i think i am going to apply for summer entrance
- Dec 27, '08 by fiyaredchickwell good luck!
- Dec 28, '08 by kelbert82Thanks you too
- Dec 29, '08 by CHATSDALEi think that 13k is pretty stiff...state run schools are not that expensive and some or most of the costs will be covered by loans, grants and scholarships
is it possible for you to relocate at least temporarily
the schools in lafayette, alexandria come with very good reccommendations and a high nclex pass rate
if you cannot get into an rn school for a couple of more years, an lpn license will give you a lot of experience and an income while you are in school