OLOL Accelerated ProgramsRegister Today!
- by jmitch527 Apr 4, '08Hey everyone I am new to this site and have recently decided to get a degree in nursing. I currently have a BA in Social Work. I have been reviewing all of the information and posts on OLOL accelerated programs-and have decided that this is probably the avenue that I will take. My question is- on the OLOL website under pre-req's needed they have A&P1, A&P2, Micro., & Chemistry listed but not the labs, are the labs not required?
One more question does anyone know when the program at East Jefferson admits-Spring, Summer, or Fall?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=293804©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,816 Views
- Apr 4, '08 by dsogineryou do not need the labs for the olol accelerated program (i am graduating in may). but before you set your heart on this program go to tulane on the 7th floor to our school and talk to (moderator note: named removed to protect individual's identity). have her go over your transcript because olol has very strict parameters as to which classes they will accept. i had to take anatomy 2 over again because they did not accept the credits from the community college i took it at. just a heads up.
also you can ask her about the east jeff program, she is one of the most accomodating persons i have ever met; even if it is her job.
sent me a private email and i will give you her email address.Last edit by sirI on Apr 4, '08 : Reason: please do not post names of individuals
- Aug 12, '08 by KinsleyNOLAeast jefferson accelerated starts end of september.
- Aug 17, '08 by KinsleyNOLAAnyone accepted in east jefferson sept 2008?
- Aug 17, '08 by rn1day08KinsleyNOLA,
I was told over the phone that I would receive an official acceptance letter along with all of the other required documents (physical info, CPR requirements, etc) I still haven't received the packet, but I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. Have you heard anything? Sept 22nd will be here before we know it!
- Aug 17, '08 by KinsleyNOLAyes I got the phone call too. very excited!
- Aug 20, '08 by snickersBRaccelI'm starting the BR accelerated on Sept 22nd. We had our orientation and they gave us a packet with all that stuff in it. The only thing you can really do without the packet is get CPR certified on the Health Care Level, and get your tb skin test done (although they may suggest a place to get the tb skin test done). Other than that, you will have to get a drug screen, physical (form included for your doc), fingerprints done, several money orders, passport photo, and fill out lots of paperwork
- Sep 30, '08 by hnewman81I graduated from UNO with a B.S. in Business Administration and I am currently attending Delgado for my pre-reqs for the accelerated program at OLOL. The only thing I am worried about is (I know you can't work while in the program) how do people survive financially? Is there any kind of stipend for the EJ or Tulane program if you sign a contract with them upon completion? If anyone had any suggestions for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone knows if the A&P I & A&P II from Delgado transfer? Thanks so much
- Sep 30, '08 by snickersBRaccelthe different programs have different stipends, and most of the lake accelerated programs have some type of tuition forgiveness if you sign a contract with the hospital affiliated. Right now EJ has a 6 mo contract, and Lake in BR has a 3 yr contract for tuition forgiveness... it really depends on the hospital: EJ, WJ, Tulane, vs Lake BR. other than that, student loans. good luck... call to find out about course transfers, you don't want to take the wrong class!
- Sep 30, '08 by dsoginerActually I just graduated from the Olol/Tulane program and they gave us $600.00 a mth (per Uncle Sam, considered a bonus so depending upon dependents, your pay check could be 390.00 - 520.00). For that we had to sign a contract to work for 2 yrs. I am not sure if they are doing this for the new class but if anyone knows, holler.