- by lucyall Dec 16, '08I'm thinking about applying to the lpn program at delta college in baton rouge. I know it doesn't have as good of a reputation as olol, but isn't it pretty decent? Any input is really appreciated!
- Dec 17, '08 by joyart24Delta is ok, I attend now. Like any other nursing school it is demanding. There are lots of rules that you may not like but Delta is a good school. They will give you the tools you need to pass state boards. Good luck with your decision.
- Dec 18, '08 by lucyallThat's good to know. The last posts about Delta said mentioned some hospitals were reluctant to hire their grads. I believe it was posted two years ago, hence why I was looking for a little but more current information.
I know they make you take a placement test. How was it for you? My only real concern would be the math portion.
- Dec 18, '08 by joyart24Well, the test is pretty basic to get into Delta. I was having a hard time with the math but they allow you to study and retake, I think 3xs. Don't believe people don't hire graduates from Delta...not true at all!!! Now hospitals don't have many positions for LPNs but that's anywhere. You'll get paid more in the nursing home anyway. Good luck!!
- Dec 19, '08 by LSUTiger13I graduated from Delta October of this year. I just took my state boards two weeks ago and passed. This week I got a job at Our Lady of the Lake in post-op surgery. It is not about where you went to school but how bad you want to learn and become a nurse. You have to apply yourself and try to learn as much as possible in clinical. I never heard anything bad about Delta other then it's location in a older part Baton Rouge. But don't let the old buildings fool you...you will learn a lot there if you want to. The instructors are very knowledgeable. Also there are a lot of rules and you have to wear a nursing cap I am glad I went to Delta, it helped me reach my dream of becoming a nurse and now I am going for my RN. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!!!!