Charity School of Nursing
- 0May 17, '04 by Alitia MHello everyone,
I will be attending Charity School of Nursing in the Fall of 2004 for my first of 4 semesters. Anyone else going to Charity?
- 16,435 Views
- 0I will also be going to Charity...Im doing my pre-reqs right now in Covington and I should start my nursing classes in Fall 05 (praying I do good on the PAX-RN) Was getting in hard for you? Was the PAX hard? I have heard so many things and Im a little scared. I have like a 3.8 on all my pre-reqs but I still have to take both A&P, micro, and Humanities. Any advice??
- 0May 20, '04 by Alitia MHello,
I made a 147 on the PAX and have a 4.0 overall. Getting in was not hard, but it did take quite a while. It takes a year from the date your application was put in...no exceptions. I put my application in March 2002 and was not able to start until Aug 2004. I think your have to pretty much wait 2 FULL semesters after you appy to get in. Charity has no waiting list either. The teachers seem nice enough, but the admission staff is awful. They lose everything (make copies) and don't know anything. Ask 3 different people and you will get 3 different answers. I registered online just so I would not have to deal with them. I live in Slidell so I took all of my classes at the Slidell/Northshore campus. Mirco and A&P I &II were both pretty difficult. What Math and Eng are you in? I would really try to get your prerequisites done before you start at Charity. Good Luck let me know if you have any other questions.
- 0Im so scared the the PAX is going to be super hard. I took the ACT test 2 yrs ago and made a 24. Did you find it difficult? I am going to take Eng 102 and A&P I over the summer at Covington, and I have already finished all my math. I went to Southeastern for 2 yrs with a major in Psych before I decided to go for nursing. Im just hoping to get in. They told me that since Im taking the PAX in June, I should be able to get into the nursing classes by Aug 2005. I hope, because I have worked it out that I will be done will all prereqs by May 2005. Im trying not to overload myself, and I sched. A&P and Micro during diff. semesters. Any advice you could give would be great. Also, are the students at Charity all people with good grades or do you find people with higher GPAs really stick out? Thats how it was at SLU.
THANKS!!!Last edit by Nurse Alissa on May 22, '04
- 0May 25, '04 by jemommyRNHey Yall
I'm starting Charity this fall too. I'm in the night class. For the PAX, I bought the review book and did all the sample test. The PAX was just like that. I'm so happy to finally see that some people on here are going to Charity with me. I took the test last June and I start this fall, so that's about right Nurse Alissa. Good Luck on the test. Let us know how you did.
- 0May 25, '04 by Alitia MHey,
I am in the evening classes also..not by choice...lol. Are you taking Pharm on Sat morning or Wed/Thurs evening? I was going to take it on Sat, but changed it. I wanted clinicals at Charity, but I have them at the VA unless a spot frees up at Charity. Do you have all of your books yet and uniforms ordered? Do you live in Slidell? I'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.