Charity fall 2011Register Today!
- by katie011289 Nov 27, '10Hi Everyone!
I recieved my acceptance letter from Charity School of Nursing yesterday nov 26th for fall of 2011. I have taken all of my CSN classes and i have taken all of the classes that charity reccommends to take. does anyone have any ideas on what classes I should take next semester while i wait to begin..?
Good luck to everyone who has not recieved their letters yet!!
- Nov 27, '10 by beejayceeYou might consider a medical terminology course - it'll make it easier to figure out stuff. And if you think you'll be heading on for a BSN, you might want to take a Chemistry w/lab and get it out of the way.
- I took med term already i was thinking about taking human diseases, and adv med term...but your right I am going to go back to get my BSN so i should take chemistry too...Thanks!!
- Nov 27, '10 by su9032are you thinking about getting a BSN after you get the RN from Charity? If so, you could take classes that would apply to that such as Chemistry. You can check out LSU's RN to BSN program to get some ideas. I would also look at some of the other schools that have online programs like SLU and ULM.
- Nov 27, '10 by su9032Actually, as I'm sitting here preparing for my NAC 1 final, I'm thinking that you should look further into Human Diseases. I did not take that class, but I can tell you that a lot of NAC 1 entails learning about chronic diseases such as hypertension, coronary artery disease, heart failure, COPD, upper/lower respiratory disorders, liver and pancreas diseases, Upper/lower GI diseases and many many more. It won't help too much with Basics, but if it can help with NAC1, I'd take it.
- I figured it would be somewhat helpful. I added it to my classes for next semester...do you have any other recommendations on classes that I should take? and like i said i am considering taking chemistry but Im not sure if it will transfer to some bsn programs.
Thanks for the help!
- Nov 27, '10 by kubana87hi i was looking at LSu. you need additional classes like statistics, chemistry, humanities, electives, 2 english comp, algebra, sociology and psy!!!!
- kubana87-do you know if they any of those classes would transfer to LSU though?
- Nov 27, '10 by kubana87yea am a student at uno i actually applied at charity but i have all my credits ready except microbiology. if charity doesnt work i will apply at lsu bsn. those are the requirements i told you.
prerequisite courses (40 total credits)
course titlecreditsenglish composition6general biology and lab4general chemistry or introduction to chemistry3introduction to sociology3general psychology3college algebra3arts elective3microbiology3humanities elective (1000 level or above)6elective6
supporting courses (23 total credits)
course titlecreditshuman physiology and lab4human anatomy and lab4pharmacology3biometry/statistics3humanities elective (3000 level or above)3hlsc2416 health assessment theory2hlsc2417 health assessment lab1hlsc3410 pathophysiology3
nursing didactic and clinical courses (23 total credits)
course number course titlecreditsnurs 3375 introduction to professional nursing concepts5nurs 3370 research in nursing3nurs 4379 nursing leadership in the health care system5nurs 4375 rn mental/community health nursing concepts5nurs 4376 rn mental/community health nursing practicum3nursing elective2
advanced placement credit hours: 37
total number of hours: 123
- Thanks that is really helpful.