BRCC's Nursing ProgramRegister Today!
- by debbie54 Nov 5, '07I am very interested in attending BRCC's nursing program, the only thing is I have heard that they only have 60 postions available and I am wondering how to Enusre that i have a spot. Anyone how has any information or is attending BRCC, any information will help me out greatly.
- Nov 5, '07 by Hospice Nurse LPNHi LeAnn! I'm currently attending BRCC to finish up my pre-requs. The nursing dept will have an information meeting for those interested. Call the school at 225-216-8000 or www.mybrcc.edu for info. The only thing I know about the nursing program is what you stated. I met with an advisor and she wanted me to re-take Anat, Physio, and Micro because I had a "B" in those classes. Whatever. The college itself doesn't seem to be very organized.
This semester they lost my transcripts :angryfireso I registered as a "provisional student". No problem. I'm taking the 3 classes I need and made arrangements for my transcripts to be sent again. Got online today to register for spring semester and can't.....they SAY they never recieved my transcripts. I've decided to do another semester at BRCC (if I ever get registered) and then transfer to Southeastern.
- Nov 6, '07 by debbie54thanks for that information, I am going to call them today when I get off work and schedule an appoinment.
I am tired of being in the dark.
- Dec 11, '07 by CurlyGirlieLeAnn,
Did you get a chance to speak with someone from BRCC? Do you have anymore info to share with us? Thanks.
- Dec 11, '07 by CurlyGirlieQuote from hospice nurse lpnhello hospice nurse,i met with an advisor and she wanted me to re-take anat, physio, and micro because i had a "b" in those classes.
as far as i know, the only biology class that's part of the pre-requisites is a&p i. i wonder why the advisor would have you retake a&p ii and micro if you have b's in them. does brcc look at other grades too in making their selection for admission?
- Dec 13, '07 by Hospice Nurse LPNThey said grades play a big role in the selection process. I've decided to apply to Southeastern for summer semester with the bridge program. What are your plans?
- Dec 14, '07 by s_minor2005I attend SU and to all that are still looking for info about brcc there is an entrance exam that requires basic math and reading comprehension skills. They only do gpa based on pre-reqs if you have taken a lot of classes. 2.8 is the required gpa and 75 is the minimum score on the entrance exam. anxious but awaiting a chance to finally get into any nursing school.
- Dec 16, '07 by nphan2I've actually went to BRCC for 2 1/2 years.. I was thinking of applying to their nursing program, but they were having all kinds of problems with my transcripts from LSU.. Even after being there for 2 1/2 years, they still never entered in my transcript of all the courses that I took at LSU, which probably totals to like 80-sumin credit hours.. Without my transcript being entered in the system, there is no "proof" that the courses that were required for me to take are already out the way. They are seriously so unorganize at the school, but I will say one thing. The teachers there are pretty good to me. If you're willing to learn, they're willing to teach. Don't get me wrong though, there are a few teachers that don't know waht they're talking about. I ended up applying to The Baton Rouge General's instead. Ironically though, I'm actually pretty familiar with the head of Enrollment Services at BRCC because she is a regular customer at my workplace... heheh.. she never mailed my transcript to BRGSON like I had requested either.. lolz.. oh welpx, all is good.. .. she did comment at one point in time that the nursing program at BRCC is tough.. so I don't know..
- Dec 16, '07 by CurlyGirlieQuote from hospice nurse lpnwell i surely hope that only the pre-requisite courses and hesi scores are considered in the admission process. i read on their website that they also take how many courses you've completed at brcc into consideration. i haven't taken any courses at brcc. i'm going to try to score as high as possible on the hesi. my pre-requisite gpa is a 3.43, so i hope it's competitive enough to get into the program if my hesi scores are high. i already have a bachelor's degree and would like to attend an accelerated program, but i can't afford to not work. i'm also going to apply to a few adn programs in houston. good luck with your endeavors.they said grades play a big role in the selection process. i've decided to apply to southeastern for summer semester with the bridge program. what are your plans?
- Feb 28, '08 by CurlyGirlieis anyone applying to brcc for fall 2008? i turned in all of my paperwork. i'm just waiting to take the hesi exam in april. i already took the hesi at another college a week ago, but brcc has a new rule that you have to take the hesi at their college.