Applying to LSUHSC-NO CARE Program for Fall 2010 - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 2, '10 by beejayceeTigerlover, thank you, you are very kind. But, no, management is not my focus. #1. It is not why I am doing this and #2. nursing as a profession is under some very serious stressors, both internal and external. There are people much more capable than I who are willing to wade into those struggles. Been there, done that (just not in nursing).
Congratulations and best of luck to those who are applying! Just having made it to that point is no small feat!
- Apr 7, '10 by Tigerlovercbkrn2b2011
How are you? Have not heard a peep.
Wanted you to know that I have an interview this Saturday. All of the interviews are being conducted in one day. Have you heard anything about the interview process this year? What do people typically wear - suits? Thanks. Tigerlover.
- Apr 7, '10 by TigerloverQuote from nrs.to.beHi nrs.to.beHey y'all,
I'm applying to the CARE Program at LSUHSC-No for Fall 2010 so I thought I'd start a thread for anyone else who's applying for that year. I figure we can help each other out with admissions, interviews, etc. Look forward to meeting all of you!
are you interviewing this Saturday?
- Apr 7, '10 by cpkRNHiya,
I've just been letting you guys chat it up cause I really have no info to offer other than what I already did . I haven't heard anything specific about the interview process with the exception of knowing that CARE 8 will be helping. Not everyone has their interviews on Saturday either. Several who had conflicts were scheduled later in the week.
If it's like my interview last year, I had 2 students from CARE 7 and the head of the program in the room with me. All 3 people asked questions equally and, of course, the program head was a bit more formal.
Treat it like a job interview because that's basically what it is. Dress professionally! I wore dress pants, heels, and a nice shirt. I'd think professionalism would be key in your appearance because that's a big deal here.
I know it'll do me no good to tell you to not be nervous (because I sure was), but there's no reason to be. I KNOW there's not a single mean person conducting these interviews and they're not going to put you through a ringer. They already have the big picture of you via your application packet and they will be trying to get an even bigger picture by asking you questions about what you put on your application. Sounds cheesy, but you'll only find the answers to the other types of questions in your own head, from your own life experiences.
Also, have fun with the students who are there to help but keep your game face on because these same students could be your interviewers (that was a shock to me!). Everyone there knows you're nervous, but try not to be to stoic and/or fake because I'm sure they're also looking for people who will fit in at LSUHSC. I don't mean that in a "high school popularity" kind of way, but a "does this person have the ability to be an interactive, contributing part of the new class?" way. Does that make sense? I would think that unless you're socially inept and/or mumbling to yourself about voices, you'll "fit in" just fine . Believe me, most of us are mumbling about voices at this point anyway. Haha!
We (CARE 9) are back to a crazy schedule and have an exam followed by lecture on Saturday morning, so we'll be there in spirit! Good luck!
- Apr 12, '10 by TigerloverThanks cpkrn2b2011!
You have been most helpful with your busy schedule. I really appreciate it.
- Apr 28, '10 by jjb40I had my interview a few weeks ago for LSU's CARE fall 2010. I am trying to figure out if anyone knows when the school will be sending out letters? They called about the interviews... will it be a letter or a phone call this time? If anyone knows... please share!
- Apr 28, '10 by ChanelCinqQuote from jjb40I had my interview a few weeks ago for LSU's CARE fall 2010. I am trying to figure out if anyone knows when the school will be sending out letters? They called about the interviews... will it be a letter or a phone call this time? If anyone knows... please share!
By the way there is a 28 page thread where the last 10 pages have been in March and April. The thread cover 3 years of admissions and has regular posters about CARE X, that will start in August. I was told by two people May 10th and I was told first or second week in May by the program director (we can't use names on this board). Anyway the thread is here:
LSUHSC CARE Program Information - Page 28- Nursing for Nurses
- Apr 28, '10 by jjb40Thanks!!! I just found this site today... I think it's going to help. I just have to figure out what to look for.
- Apr 29, '10 by TigerloverThere are two threads going on for CARE X. I posted on the other one regarding the letter I received today. I am on the alternate list. Good luck to all who make it and can plan ASAP!