class orientationRegister Today!
- by nursingilove Sep 5, '12What kind of test can we look forward to during orientation? What will orientation be like? Is it something that we can be omitted and let go for before we even get started???
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=781915©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
I'm about to start my orientation soon. I'm nervous and excited at the same time! Are all of the new staff at your facility required to take a pre-employment exam? I'm not sure if we have to.Last edit by itfeelsgr82savealife on Sep 5, '12
- Sep 5, '12 by nursingiloveI'm excited/scared to death lol as well. No there is no pre-employment test, but I heard there is a med test while in orientation and i'm not sure what other kind of test??? maybe a strip test(tele)?
- Test like this make me so nervous...especially if it can determine an employee's "let-go" after being this far into the game. I've been reading post around here and some people have said that their test included pharmacology and math...tele may be on there as well. I started looking over different kinds of drips just in case - i haven't been looking over meds or tele though. Does your orientation start soon?
- Sep 5, '12 by nursingiloveYes almost too soon, hehe
Can I ask what kind of drips you are studying? I don't think I'll need that where I'm going to be, but it never hurts to know. I would like a sample print up of a day on the floor, I think this is where I get confused, my instructors always told me your very organized and can prioritze but I feel the complete opposite. I was like "who me?" we are in for one crazy ride!
- I just googled drip calculations and reviewed this link... http://www.americannursetoday.com/as...d73cf4681a.pdf
And that's good that you have good organization and prioritization skills! Because it felt like on some clinical days I was totally just all over the place. So, having an idea of their routine would be beneficial as a reference until I make one that's easier for me.
But I'm sure we'll get the hang of it and it'll become 2nd nature...eventually.
Is this your first job?
- Sep 9, '12 by nursingilovethank you for the link! This is my first RN position. Good luck with everything.
- Sep 9, '12 by RN1822I just took a couple of these test at my LTAC which is also my First RN position. The test were all open book and a PDR was made available to us. We all did fine and I think you will too. Remember to breathe!!