"Do I or don't I?" CLNC?? - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 20, '08 by katwoman7755Thanks RN1989....I do think it would be something I would immensely enjoy as all those things you mentioned that many might not like or be good at, I think I would. I guess like anything else it is just kind of scary to think of getting started much less trying to determine the best path to do so. I appreciate seeing it discussed from a more honest and realistic place as I'm sure you are absolutely correct that many nurses believe paying for the biggest and best course will do alot of the work for them which I know is not the case. I think I will look more into the AALNC course primarily b/c I think I would need some foundation in order to do the best job possible and understanding completely what is expected. Again, thank you.
- Apr 11, '08 by alkaleidiYou know, I've watched the intro by VM for her course and she seems VERY inspirational and animated, definitely up my alley, but in looking for alternatives online, I have found her program/package (the text/videos/cds/etc, not the live conference/course) for as cheap as $300, or in the "used" section of amazon.com for $1500. I guess if someone was a self-motivator but seeking the content of her course they could definitely seek it out online and then decide whether they want to invest in the rest of the program.
I am thinking about investing solely in the Legal Nurse Consulting (Principles and Practices?) text and studying, coming up with some marketing ideas, and going from there. Still doing research on all the programs there are out there for LNC certificates, and none have "sold" (or bought... LOL) me yet.
- Apr 29, '08 by PCBUCS1RN 1989, you inspire me. As a new LNC struggling to find my path, I find myself surfing this website. Reading old and new posts/replies feeds my hunger to learn more. You are a natural teacher. I learn from you everytime I explore these pages. Thank you from a Newbie.
- Apr 30, '08 by RN1989Quote from PCBUCS1Glad to have been of service! This can be a great site for inspiration, I know that sirI's posts helped me when I first starting thinking about opening a full time business doing this work.RN 1989, you inspire me. As a new LNC struggling to find my path, I find myself surfing this website. Reading old and new posts/replies feeds my hunger to learn more. You are a natural teacher. I learn from you everytime I explore these pages. Thank you from a Newbie.
- May 22, '08 by rikomomI have seen so many nurses over the years take the courses thinking they were going to be rich. Few get rich, some make a living, and most never even make it to the finish line and they end up keeping/going back to their clinical jobs because it is easier.[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for this. I really now think I would like to step forward to LNC. Because I like to do research, do not mind working on my own, and like to challenge new areas, I feel I can do this... you pumped me up at the same time you warmed me for the reality. I knew the ads "150$/hr" sounded too strange....Thank you so much. I will keep your words in mind.