Hello, monti1234, and Welcome to allnurses.com and the Legal Nursing forum. It is good to have you with us.
1) Can someone please send me the info on case report software that they can incorporate in the legal notebook?
I've sent you a private message about the software.
2) How does one ask for the "Schedule of Fees" from a firm? I hear this is a good way to set your fees for a geographical area.
I've never asked for a fee schedule from a firm, so cannot answer this. I would guess just ask....??
4) What references/books should I start with for my personal library for my Med-Surg Specialty. Any state publications for a source of standards of care?
I utilize the SOC via ANA.
As for a library, I started out with Nursing texts (both old and up-to-date) and update these as necessary. I went to a nursing school in my area and was able to start a healthy library that way. Plus, I utilize the area medical library to supplement.
5) I wanted to have subcontractors in place before doing heavy marketing, so I can say with confidence during interviews, that yes I can take on these OB or ICU cases, even though I am only qualified to do med-surg. Having problems getting clnc's to respond. Any suggestions?
As a consultant, you are not just qualified to do med-surg only. You can take on any case in any nursing-related area. You will be applying SOC in all realms of nursing and already possess the knowledge about how to do that, as an RN.
Now, if you plan on testifying, you will be held to med-surg only as this is your field of expertise.
If you wish, however, to contact other LNCs and get their resumes on record for future assistance, I suggest joining AALNC and contact that way.
7) I wound't mind volunteering to get experience, and possibly letters of recommendation. Does anyone do that?
I did a couple pro bono in the beginning. You can offer this to firms to get your foot in the door. I also do free review for merit with new contacts. I do ask for letters of recommendation from previous contacts to utilize in my marketing plan.
Thanks so much for any advice you have to offer
Check out this thread for extra input: Legal Nurse Consulting and Marketing Ideas
Good luck with your marketing plan!! And, we hope you enjoy allnurses.com