Any LNC and FN Entrepreneurs here?Register Today!
- by lecavalier4 Sep 10, '08Currently I am a CLNC (brand new) and I am taking the Forensic Nurse Cert. at Kaplan. Is there anyone who is consulting as both? I am starting my own LNC business and eventually want to incorporate forensic nursing into it.
- Nov 7, '08 by Tilda25I worked for 2 years as a nurse paralegal (7 years as a paralegal prior to nursing school), and I have also worked as a SANE-A prior to going to work full time as a school nurse. Tell me about your business. I have not started any kind of business.
- Dec 18, '08 by mea26have you done any lnc work? i didnt know if you were just getting certified to doboth at the same time or if you already had the other and are now doing the forensics stuff
- Dec 18, '08 by lecavalier4I received my LNC certification in August. I have been trying to build my business since. I am currently in a FN course at Kaplan University online. But, I do not like it and I think I am going to transfer to a university in my town. I read that you have recently became a LNC (congratulations!). Are you also a FN or considering FN-ing?
- Dec 18, '08 by lecavalier4I totally agree!!!!
- Aug 29, '09 by KC4NSICRNDo any of you have updates on what you're doing now? I'm a Forensic Nurse and started a Legal Nurse Consulting business after losing my full time FN job post storm ( that big one in the south).
This week, I'm preparing to do my first exhibit at a Legal EXPO, so I'm working on my brochure. Has anyone done a comparison chart on the prices that MD's vs. LNC's charge to show the lawyers the savings they would have if they used us instead? I want to showcase this.
Lee, how is your business coming along? Kaplan used ME in their promotional materials without my permission ( I don't really mind), when advertising their FN certificate program. Did you ever switch to the local school?