Bellarmine accelerated BSN programRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Bellarmine accelerated BSN program in Kentucky State Nursing Programs, part of Kentucky Nursing ... I have been accepted into the accelerated BSN at Bellarmine to start in May 2011. Anyone in the...by flygirl80 Nov 17, '10I have been accepted into the accelerated BSN at Bellarmine to start in May 2011. Anyone in the accelerated program there have any info they can pass on? I know it is a tough course and a a year of nothing but nursing, but what are the typical days like? I am finished with my pre reqs so I have from now until May to get a jump start on things. Can anyone in the program recommend things to study in advance?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=516782©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,590 Views
- Nov 19, '10 by dwayneaWhen you were doing your research for this school did you happen to find out where clinical session took place at? Norton, VA Hospital? Any ideas?
- Nov 23, '10 by flygirl80From what I understand it can vary depending on availability and scheduling. I think any in the area could be used and are probably rotated among a few of them, but I am not too sure.
- Dec 29, '10 by organichombreGood for you! Bellarmine's accelerated RN is very demanding both physically and emotionally. The 7 week semesters are a killer and you have very little down time so take advantage of it. Bellarmine goes to the VA, Norton, Baptist East, Jewish, just about everywhere. Fundamentals is where you'll first go to and after the 1st second weeks you go to the hospital 2 days a week for 8 hrs a day. Classes are pretty much everyday maybe a day off if all your prereq's are done. A test every week and you need a 77 on everything to pass I think. Study anatomy and physiology as much as possible. If you have the opportunity to work an a nurses aide or volunteer do it! Aside from all that it's a rewarding place to teach or be a student. I know because I work there as a clinical instructor!
In veritatis amore
- Feb 1, '11 by dwayneaorganichombre,
Thanks for the feedback and encouragement. What hospital do you instruct clinicals at?
- Feb 1, '11 by organichombreVA, Norton, Baptist East, Jewish
- Feb 15, '11 by flygirl80Thanks for the info. I will definitely brush up on my A&P stuff. I am ready to start class now though
- Feb 15, '11 by organichombreGood Luck!
- Mar 13, '11 by silentsiren4Hi
I have been accepted into the May cohort accelerated program and am looking to speak with other people starting in May as well. Anyone have a place to stay yet? Just trying to get to know people a little bit before we start! Looking forward to meeting everyone
- Mar 14, '11 by organichombreGood luck...I'll be the bald-headed instructor!