BCTC vs. UK CNA ClassRegister Today!
This is a discussion on BCTC vs. UK CNA Class in Kentucky State Nursing Programs, part of Kentucky Nursing ... Hey all - I'm currently signed up to take BCTC's CNA class in the fall but I know that UK...by amandakash Jun 5, '11Hey all -
I'm currently signed up to take BCTC's CNA class in the fall but I know that UK offers one as well. It's more expensive but it includes BLS which BCTC does not. I'm already planning on taking a CPR for healthcare providers through red cross - but if I didn't need to that would work too.
I'm just wondering if anyone has gone through either or both of these programs and has any advice on which one is more worth my $500 - $700. Unless there are glaring reasons to change, the BCTC one fits in better with my schedule (M W all day for about 8 weeks, UK is M W R at night but it's shorter in length) and all of the experiences I've had with UK so far have been subpar to say the least.
Thanks for your input!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=575181©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,700 Views
- Jun 6, '11 by JuryizoutDid the BCTC thing as a prereq for nursing school. I enjoyed it and my instructors alot! They would stay late as necessary to make sure you got your skill. Good luck with wherever you end up!
- Jun 6, '11 by ScalicoIf you are just looking to get a CNA license, either place is fine, and if I were you I would go with the cheaper option. All of the classes are about the same....teach the same concepts. All that a future employer will look for is whether you passed the state boards and NOT where you took the class.
- Jun 6, '11 by amandakashThanks for your input so far. I think I'm going to stick with BCTC. I was just wondering if there is a fundamental difference between the BLS offered at UK and the CPR for healthcare providers that I'm signed up for with the Red Cross. I'm sure there are some threads I can check out to answer that question!
- Jun 6, '11 by ScalicoThe BLS offered at UK and the CPR for healthcare are pretty much the same thing....I don't know of any differences at all really. All teach the fundamentals that you need to know
- Jun 6, '11 by SierraMoonMany facilities specify AHA BLS and will not accept the Red Cross version. I don't know why.
- Jun 6, '11 by amandakashThat's great since I haven't been able to find an AHA offering within an hour of me in the time that I need it completed. Grrrrrrr... But that's another issue for another day. Red Cross is good enough for my program and I need to complete that before I go getting jobs anyway!