Galen College - page 46
Just thought I would start a new thread about Galen. Anything and everything Galen can be posted here! Please feel free to share, or ask questions! I am still waiting on my acceptance letter, and am going crazy:bugeyes:! ... Read More
- 0Feb 23, '10 by shelbee1084I have a question someone on this thread may have the answer to. I am getting ready to graduate with my LPN in june (not from Galen, but live in louisville). I know in order to apply and get accepted into galen's RN program, I will have to take my nclex-pn and be licensed since I did not attend galen for my LPN. Here is my question: do they require students to work a certain amount of hours with their LPN before applying to the RN program if they did not attend galen for their LPN?? just curious because I dont really want to sit out any longer then I have to so if I can get accepted with just passing my boards and doing my 120 hours, then thats what I want to do.
- 0Feb 25, '10 by BrittBrittQuote from jones050308Hey Jones,I was told by Angie that was in for April LPN days, however I still have not received my packet yet either. I rush home everynight to check my mail and still nothing! I was told they were mailing them out by the 2nd week of Feb. Getting worried?!
Have you gotten your packet yet? I just received mine today (for nights) but it's the same info. Read back through the threads, there's alot of helpful info people have posted once you see what's in your packet. I'm more worried about the immunizations. I wish I was in for days but I opted for nights since I didn't get days...yeah it'll take me longer but I've got two small children at home so it's probably best. I am calling tomorrow to make my financial aid appt. I'm worried because I had a student loan years ago that I defaulted on a time or two but eventually paid off. I hope it doesn't affect my chances this time. Anyhow, let me know if you got your packet..good luck!
- 0Feb 28, '10 by jones050308hey brittbritt. still no packet yet. i was originally starting this past october in the evening program. but due to a job change i was ablt to do days but they were full for oct and jan. back in oct they confirmed my file for april lpn days, but i am starting to think my stuff got lost in the mix. i e-mailed angie last week about it and she said they were mailed out. i hope it hasn't because i have verything lined up with my job to start in april! lord give me patience....
- 0Feb 28, '10 by BrittBrittJones, not to panic you but I would definately call asap. There are deadlines regardless if you are in for days or nights...for example..the financial aid appointment deadline is this coming friday. The medical shot records are due the 25th. I called and asked the status of my application and that's when they transferred me to Carol. She was really good at getting right back to me. I would think for sure yours would have gotten to you by now with the deadlines approaching. Let me know what you find out...
- 0Mar 1, '10 by jones050308Believe me I have been freaking out! Called today and talked to Carol and they had my address wrong, wrong city and Zip (not sure how they came up with that address). They mailed it out to the wrong address and never received it back so they assumed I did not accept the offer. Worst part is that someone probably has it, and it has my information on it. They mailed it out to me this morning and I made my financial aid appt for next Friday. Does anyone know when the orientation is for April LPN days? I need to know so I can take off work, but won't be getting my packet until Friday at the latest.
- 0Mar 11, '10 by NursePunkinzI graduated from Galen in Florida a few years ago and am planning on applying for their RN bridge program. Does anyone know if they got their official accreditation for the RN program and if they are still making the RN students wear those awful white nursing caps???? I love it there but hated the nursing caps with a passion. Anyone know??