Bowling Green Tech. College - Glasgow
- 0Feb 5, '09 by shakeytailsDoes anyone attend/know anything about their nursing program? It's a 2 year program for RN, but you may quit at the end of 1 year with a diploma for LPN.
Glasgow's a long drive for me, but with my GPA (from 20+ years ago when drinking was more important than studying!), there's no way I'll get into E-town's very selective RN program. I'm relatively sure I could easily get into the LPN program, but it's 3 semesters as opposed to 2 at Glasgow. I'm currently taking A&P1 and Psych at ECTC, and plan on taking A&P2 in the summer.
- 0Mar 8, '09 by cakeordeathI am currently in that program and so far I am loving it. It is very fast paced and challenging, and at the end of the day you better know your stuff or you WILL NOT pass.
I am a little offended, though, that you think it's going to be easy to get into the RN program- What on earth gives you an idea like that? I know that we had over 80 applicants for the 20 spots available for the first program offered, and even more are expected for the next class in 2010.
The LPN program is also not easy to get into or to pass. We started with 65 and only about 34 are still with us.
These programs are highly competitive, and if you are thinking to just breeze on in due to it being a small town, I think you're in for a reality check.
- 0Mar 10, '09 by shakeytailsNo need to be offended. I realize that all the RN programs are competitive. I might have a chance getting in with a 1:4 or 1:5 acceptance rate; 1:20 or better- probably not yet. Glasgow is just far enough off the beaten path to limit applications somewhat, or at least that's what I'm hoping...
- 0Aug 16, '11 by riquezadaI think you should pursue both schools regardless what people tell you. The truth is that I experienced nothing but a run- around with BGTC. That was my experience, but yours may be different. I applied at ECTC, which I told was much harder to get into, but I got right into the RN program. I start this coming January. The shame of it all is that the BGTC Glasgow campus is 1 mile from my house, ECTC is 50 miles or so. Good luck.
- 0Sep 5, '12 by starryeyeddawnI just applied to the BGTC - Bowling Green Campus - ADN Program for the Spring 2013 semester! Deadline is September 15th, so now I play the waiting game. I also applied to Hopkinsville Community College, but it is an hour and a half away, as opposed to Bowling Green being 30 mins away.