*BBFRN* Galen College question - Page 3Register Today!
- Jul 6, '09 by slmcdo05Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we had to get a background check and we had to pay $100 for it. Thanks for your
help and input!
- Jul 6, '09 by BBFRNNo problem! Get ready for the ride of your life that is nursing school.
Galen students move through the program pretty quickly, and you will do a LOT of studying.
- Jul 12, '09 by jsadler827BBFRN at Galen can you tell me how many times a week they do clinicals and do they let you know ahead of time like where you are going to have your clinicals and do the locations change everyday or do you go to the same site a few times?
- Jul 12, '09 by BBFRNQuote from jsadler827Usually, you'll do clinicals about 3 days a week, depending on which quarter you are in. They will let you know your schedule/location ahead of time, and you'll go to the same site for each clinical course- usually the same site for the whole quarter.BBFRN at Galen can you tell me how many times a week they do clinicals and do they let you know ahead of time like where you are going to have your clinicals and do the locations change everyday or do you go to the same site a few times?
You'll be OK.
- Jul 13, '09 by slmcdo05Hi everyone! I just went to orientation and for the first quarter, we have clinicals on Thursdays. I don't know about future quarters though.
Hi BBFRN, how are you doing?
- Jul 13, '09 by BBFRNGreat slmc! Sounds like you're ready, and raring to go.
Good luck with your classes!
- Jul 16, '09 by slmcdo05Thanks BBFRN! I have been really excited about getting started and I still am, but now I am a little concerned.
We just found out our clinical sites today and I got the site that one of the current students told me was horrible, scary and nasty; on our Galen post. I am a little nervous about that, but hopefully it will be ok. Do you know anything about Kindred in Sellersburg, IN? I understand if you don't feel that it would be appropriate to say anything, but any information would help.
- Jul 16, '09 by BBFRNslmc- I have never worked at that Kindred, but if it's like the one here, it's a fairly typical long-term hospital setting, for the most part. Lots of long-term vent patients, mostly. Hey, if you hate it, at least you'll know where you DON'T want to work, eh?
- Jul 16, '09 by slmcdo05Thanks BBFRN! I'll let you know how it goes!
- Jul 17, '09 by jsadler827Are the clinicals site usually that far away, can you request to have a closer one?