EduKan - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 19, '10 by nurseFL305Can anyone help me that has already taken Edukan Microbiology??
- Feb 19, '10 by tparksI might be able to help you.
- Feb 19, '10 by nurseFL305Did you take the Edukan Micro. course? I am just not getting the virtual lab part...we are only on chapter 1. and I am already panicing. lol. I really need to pass this class...its my last requirement. Are the exams hard? what should I focus on? any help would be appreciated.
- Feb 19, '10 by tparksthe exams cover exactly what is on the quizzes and most of the answers came directly from the outlines that the teacher gives you in each section or from the questions at the end of the chapter. The final has a lot of the quiz questions on it. It took me awhile to understand the virtual lab, it will make more sense after you do a few. The lab day on campus is very simple if you do what's asked of you you get all of the points and it doesn't last nearly as long as what the paper says it does. HTH.
- Apr 16, '10 by debrasueb1Hi All,,,,I am doing research on taking online classes. I live in Southern California now. I received my ADN from Butler County Community College in Kansas....25 yrs ago...lol. I am now looking at trying to get my BSN and Master's. Unfortunately, at the time, I was not required to take College Algerbra or Chemistry which I am going to need to proceed with my degrees. I see these classes are available online but require a proctored final exam. I was thinking about taking Algerbra first, then follow up with Chem the following semester. Does anyone know how these classes are to take online and how the instructors are???? I think I can take my final proctored exam through Sylvan Learning Centers out here in California. I have time to still check this out before paying for these classes, but don't want to take them if the online instructors are unreasonable. I am not afraid of the hard work it will take to get through the classes. I had a smal infant and toddler when going through nursing school and made decent grades. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated!!!! The cost factor is a great motivator .... Debs
- Apr 16, '10 by nurseFL305Debs, Try www.EduKan.org The price is right at $125.00 a credit hour and they have both of the classes you are looking for. I took Micro, super easy...I got an "A". check it out.
- Apr 16, '10 by amb_lynI took all of my prereqs through EduKan. Including Chemistry. I struggled with Chem, passed with the C required. It may just be me, I just don't get Chemistry. It was difficult but you may do just fine. Carol Bonham is who my instructor was and she was great to communicate with, etc.. Very knowledgable.
I didn't have any trouble with any of my other prereqs I took through Edukan.
- Apr 16, '10 by amb_lynIn regards to the Micro.. I LOVED that class!! I did really well in that. I agree with Tparks in regards to the tests. Review what's available to you.
Play around with the virtual lab program just for fun to figure it out. That's what I did. It really made a difference once I got the hang of it.
- Apr 17, '10 by debrasueb1Thanks for the info.... you guys are quick. Anybody have any info on the College Algerbra and instructor info??? I do not do well with it and I know I will have to study hard to even pass this course...but now that all 4 of my kids are grown and out of the house I have some time....lol. Debs
- May 18, '10 by ybstressedI want to make sure I'm reading the post right. I have signed up for online chem. I will have to buy a software to complete the labs and I will have one in classroom lab to complete. I will also have to find proctor for the last exam...right?