pay in ks for a new grad/young nurseRegister Today!
- by Rme4life Nov 3, '08I am active duty army, so dont really get paid hourly wages. People ask me a lot about pay for nurses here in ks but dont really know what to tell them. Seems like they (nursing school) mentioned something like 20/hr for new grads at KU med center and Topeka or it could have been 25/hr, i really just dont remember. Would anyone be willing to share what a new grad or a young nurse (< 2 yrs experience) might get paid in ks. I realize that it can vary, but i would just like a ball park figure so i dont sound like a complete idiot about my own profession. thanks.
- Nov 4, '08 by queenjeanNew grad with no experience, $20/hr sounds right.
- Nov 11, '08 by plowboy911Yep, $20 an hour give or take in the Kansas City area. The ones paying more are doing so for a reason (with exception to KUMED, which I believe is union).
- Nov 12, '08 by blondegenes$20
Shift differential for nights and weekends.
- Nov 16, '08 by D&GgirlI graduated in Dec. 07 and worked at a hosptial in Wichita and made $19.01 starting out plus shift diff.
- Nov 28, '08 by nkochrnI made 18/hr right out of nursing school plus night and weekend shift diff. That's in a rural hospital.
- Dec 17, '08 by OrendaI know Wesley and Via Christi are starting out at 19.01 plus shift differential, night and weekend.