Getting back into the C.N.A. world, just wondering where to look for a job.Register Today!
- by cacnkrm Apr 10, '10hello everyone, i am new to this site so i am trying to figure it out. i currently have my c.n.a. license (in kansas) but it is not up to date, so i will be taking a reffresher course next week so that i can be up to date with the state. i am looking to get a c.n.a. job, but i am not sure were to look. i would prefer a hospital or a doctors office, but all i can ever find are nursing homes and home heath. i worked in a nursing home several years ago and it was not a good exsperience for me. i am defanitly a team player, i would love somewhere that i would be able to work with others. does anyone have any advise for me? i may eventully try to go further with my schooling but right now i am just trying to get back in the swing of things, and get my feet under me. any advice from anyone would be greatly appriciated!!! thank you so much for any help anyone can give!:d
- Apr 10, '10 by cacnkrmI have thought about x-ray tech and ultrasound tech anyone have any suggestions on eather of those?
- Apr 13, '10 by amb_lynApply apply apply.. That's the best advice I have. If you want to work somewhere, then put in your application and hope it all works out!
Good luck to you.
- Apr 13, '10 by cacnkrmThanks, So I just walk in to all the Doctor's office's and apply.
- Apr 14, '10 by caliotter3You might get lucky, but don't be discouraged if they don't hire you because you are not a medical assistant. Instead, emphasize to the person that you talk to, that you have had training and are very willing to learn anything that a medical assistant had to learn at one time. You will have to sell yourself. Good luck.
- Apr 14, '10 by cacnkrmQuote from caliotter3Thank you, I am very willing to learn anything they would like to teach me, If they could teach me to get over my fear of neddles I would love to be able to draw blood and stuff like that, But I am kindof a softy so I don't want to hurt anyone. But I know if I could do it well that people would enjoy that they weren't hurt. Because you know there are just those people who can draw blood really well and those who can't. I would like to go to school to be higher up on the food chain than a c.n.a. but I just don't know which way I want to go so I was hoping that I could get in a doctors office and maybe that would help me decide in which direction I wanted to go. I would love to do something with mother and baby or in the nursery. Or Like i said above I would like to be an x ray tech or a sonographer.You might get lucky, but don't be discouraged if they don't hire you because you are not a medical assistant. Instead, emphasize to the person that you talk to, that you have had training and are very willing to learn anything that a medical assistant had to learn at one time. You will have to sell yourself. Good luck.