Statement of Purpose:
The Nurse Practitioner is a professional nurse with advanced education and training in primary and emergency care of adult and pediatric populations. The nurse Practitioner at VHH-ER must rely on standardized procedures and follow the Nurse Practice Act (NPA) when delivering care.
Major Functions, Duties, or Responsibilities:
- The NP must adhere to all core competencies of nurse practitioner practice.
- Services provided by the ER NP are to include, but are not limited to, performing physical examinations of patients, ordering , conducting and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, furnishing of pharmacologic agents and treatments, performing procedures under standardized protocol and counseling of individuals and their families.
- The NP is responsible for providing primary care and emergency care services at Verdugo Hills Hospital ER under the medical supervision of the ER physician and/or attending physicians of the hospital.
- The NP also serves as health care resources, interdisciplinary consultants and patient advocate.
- The ER NP is required to collaborate and consult with physicians colleagues regarding patient care and management and will make appropriate referrals to other health care professionals and community agencies.
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
- Master’s degree required.
- Five years clinical nursing experience.
- Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience.
Minimum Field of Expertise:
- Valid California Registered Nursing license.
- Valid California Nurse Practitioner license.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
- Current PALS Certification.
- Current ACLS Certification.
- Current AB508 Secure Training Certification.
As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials.