The Assistant Nurse Manager, in collaboration with and under the direction of the Department Nurse Manager, is accountable for ongoing leadership and operations of a clinical department and for nursing care safety and quality. The Assistant Nurse Manager uses sound human resource and budget principles to guide the daily provision of nursing services to patients and families. The Assistant Nurse Manager participates in organizational and unit based quality improvement activities, and provides input on standard of care. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports comprehensive patient and family services through effective participation with the interdisciplinary team.
- Graduate of a state approved School of Registered Nursing.
- Master degree preferred.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing required. (A master’s degree in nursing may be accepted in lieu of a BSN.)
- A minimum of 3 years acute care nursing care experience.
- Strong critical and strategic thinking, analytical and planning skills.
- Organization/time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Values diversity and team work.
- Demonstrates integrity; is ethical in conduct and decision thinking.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and flexibility and is tolerant of change and ambiguity.
- Demands accountability of self and others.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office as well as Internet access and utilization.
- Valid California Registered Nurse License.
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider card from the American Heart Association.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support card from the American Heart Association (exempt for non-telemetry unit)
- Specialty Certification (preferred)
- Fire and Safety Certification. (If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintain renewal before expiration date.)