Any IA lpn to rn online through excelsior? - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 30, '08 by newnurse2011Is it hard to get into Kaplan University ADN program? I was interested. Is anyone taking their pre entrance exam??
if so where in florida r u taking it?
ok hear from u soon hopefully.
- Jul 14, '08 by natalioIf you still look into this site, I am taking the Excelsior Route from the QC area. I would be intersted in located some other students who would be interested in studying with me.
- Aug 14, '08 by mommadarI am currently planning on working toward my RN degree by going through excelsior college directly. I have received the admission information from Excelsior college and plan on completing the admission paperwork and turning it in. I have a friend who went through the college network who is not very satisified. She said she spent $4000.00 on books that were not approved by excelsior, but the college network claimed she needed them. I also have looked into going through Rue education but have read some negative things on-line. I decided why would I not just go through Excelsior directly and cut out the middle man. About 10 years ago I had taken all my prerequisites for the RN program through a community college. In speaking with an excelsior college admissions counselor it was nice totfind out all of my previous coursework will transfer and I will only need to take the actual nursing courses. What a relief since many of the other campus based colleges would require me to retake the A&P since it has been longer than 5 years. I to have a family and need to work full time. To try and continue on through a college where I would need to be there 4-5 days a week is not an option for me. I am really excited about the program excelsior is offering. I checked with the IOwa Board of nursing and excelsior graduates CAN sit for Iowa Boards. I will be taking an 8 week IV course at the community college to beeter prepare me for the clinical test at the end of the program. Anyone who is currently taking this program or who is thinking about it- I'm cheering for ya!!
- Jan 12, '09 by TracyLPN79I have the same question. Our local community college does not have night classes, so I am looking for an online program. I am wary of this considering all the negative comments. If one goes thru Indiana, Excelsior or Kaplan (when I go to Kaplan website it appears they do not have an LPN to RN program, just RN to BSN) does the state of iowa accept this source of education? Any input would be greatly appreciated
- Jan 14, '09 by Baloney AmputationQuote from TracyLPN79Iowa accepts grads for licensure if the home state of the program accepts the graduates for licensure, so it's a yes for both EC (out of New York) and ISU (obviously out of Indiana). However, it's always best to ask this directly to the Board of Nursing for your own peace of mind.I have the same question. Our local community college does not have night classes, so I am looking for an online program. I am wary of this considering all the negative comments. If one goes thru Indiana, Excelsior or Kaplan (when I go to Kaplan website it appears they do not have an LPN to RN program, just RN to BSN) does the state of iowa accept this source of education? Any input would be greatly appreciated
Many people who dis Excelsior don't have much of a clue about it. Ask me if you have questions about it or go to the distance learning section of allnurses.com to get some info. There are a lot of us there doing the programs through Excelsior College and Indiana State University.
I am taking my CPNE on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th of January.
- Oct 25, '09 by japhinaQuote from natalioIowa must accept Excelsior program for jobs then? I just don't know about it. It sounds fishy. How has your experience been? I am currently enrolled in pre-req's at Scott, but I am worried about getting to classes with my son going to daycare. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.If you still look into this site, I am taking the Excelsior Route from the QC area. I would be intersted in located some other students who would be interested in studying with me.
- Mar 23, '10 by galenanurseWhere do you find IV courses?
- Apr 1, '10 by kgleThis is the Indiana board...why is this thread in here?
- Apr 1, '10 by tnbutterflyThread moved to the Iowa Nursing Programs forum.
- Jun 27, '12 by KristinMLPNClearly I am SEVERAL years late on this reply but I just came across this and was wondering if you did in fact get your RN through Excelsior? I also live in the QC area and I don't believe I could work in Il.? Is that correct?