Rate your favorite Iowa hospitalsRegister Today!
- by S.N. Visit Mar 2, '07I started this thread ,when I only had one month left of my acute care clinical in Spring g 07'. I was trying to decide where I would consider employment. My favorite hospitals were:
Mahaska Health Partnership....very well organized, friendly staff, clean & high census. Lots of fun stuff going on. They pay well. They also have an awesome Spa.
Monroe County...would be absolute favorite, but census has always been around "0-8". They are super friendly, super clean, modern equipment, super nice environment :wink2: and Very close to home too. Just nothing to do.
Knoxville Area Community.....Very high census, Lots of busy stuff.
Ottumwa Regional....nice hospital, high census, negative....med/surge nurses are notoriously crabby.
I heard Pella is the most awesome, haven't been there though.
How would you rate your hospital?
P.s. I choose Mahaska Health Partnership in Osky and I'm very happy thereLast edit by S.N. Visit on Jan 14, '08
- Mar 12, '07 by cardiacnurse05Have you had any experience in the larger hospitals such as in Des Moines?
- May 12, '07 by OneChattyNursehello tanzanite, i work at pella in the ltc unit. i just wanted to say hello and congrats on your graduation next week!
- Sep 12, '07 by rodggangDid you do clinicals at Knoxville? What do you consider busy stuff? They have CPSI Point of Care on Med/Surg? How does it compare to the other hospitals that have CPSI? I think that Ottumwa and Albia have this system.
- Sep 16, '07 by S.N. VisitQuote from rodggangYes, I did my winter RN clinical in Knoxville. I was happy that we always had at least 2-3 pt's per student. Everyone got experience in O.B ; O.R & ER. We worked hard & stayed busy ( procedures, new admit's, discharges, always something nursey for us to do ).Did you do clinicals at Knoxville? What do you consider busy stuff? They have CPSI Point of Care on Med/Surg? How does it compare to the other hospitals that have CPSI? I think that Ottumwa and Albia have this system.
Yes, ORHC & MCC both have CPSI, and they are almost Identical to Knoxville's system. I can't remember the differences.
- Jun 24, '09 by robinholland27we have been receiving some interest from other cpsi hospitals who are having some challenges reporting against their cpsi data. out of curiosity, does anyone have a list of cpsi hopitals or aware of any user groups?
- Nov 5, '09 by OldnurseRNGrundy Center, Vinton, Sumner hospitals use CPSI