Lpn Jobs/salaries In Iowa - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 14, '07 by Cherokee RTWCherokee Mental Health Institute is hiring!
They have had some problems getting LPNs to apply for positions there. Probably due to the remoteness of the Institute. Ie: it's 60 miles from the nearest city of any size.
They have at least 3 RTW positions available one on the PM shift, and two on the overnight shift. If there aren't any LPN positions open you could apply for an RTW position and transfer to an LPN slot when one opens up. The pay difference is only about $1.00 and hour difference.
The Nursing Staff are aging, and retiring so positions are coming available in Cherokee. Please apply pronto, we need help!
But only apply if you are willing to work hard and get along with your coworkers. (That's just my preference. )
- Jun 17, '07 by Summer69Glenwood Iowa has a facility similar to Woodward-Is is on the western part of the state about 30 miles from Omaha. Woodward is about 30 miles for DesMoines.
- Jun 17, '07 by Cherokee RTWSummer I believe my sister also was enrolled in the LPN School that you mentioned in your email to me. It has become standard through the years for Cherokee Mental Health to provide Psych rotations for Nursing Students.
The facility has long been a teaching hospital turning out LPNs, RNs, Social Workers, Doctors and PAs..
- Jan 28, '10 by phoenix14232well, I've lived in Iowa my entire life, and have worked 7 years as a CNA. I begin LPN school in a couple weeks and am very excited...though not about the wages! I used to live in the Waterloo/CF area, and recently moved to the Des Moines area. Depending on the type of work you do, LPN's generally make between 15-20/hr. An agency I worked for said that they pay their LPN's 19...and another said 24. So, you have to figure that non-agency work is going to be a couple dollars less an hour. Like I said, it all depends on what you're willing to do. I'm using LPN as a stepping stone to my RN...so, hopefully I won't be just an LPN for long. GOOD LUCK!
- Feb 19, '10 by cinlpnI work at a small county hospital in southeat iowa and make 15.43/hour with shift differential.