Hamilton students/grads?Register Today!
- by midcom Feb 11, '07Hi,
I'm a second term student at Hamilton & was wondering if there were any others from Hamilton here. I'd love to hear what you think of the program at any of the campuses &, if you are a grad, are you happy with the education you got?
Not trying to start trouble. I'm satisfied with what I've experienced so far and am shocked at how much I've learned.
DixieLast edit by midcom on Feb 11, '07 : Reason: misspelling
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=206614©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,256 Views
- Feb 12, '07 by NeosynephRNI did not go to Hamilton, I had a fellow student that had gone there to get her MA...then after graduation was told that Hamilton was actually not accredited so she could not get her certification...that may have changed since she went through school...but that has been my only experience!! Good Luck with school!!
- Feb 12, '07 by LPN0207Hi Dixie...It's Stacy from the ASC! lol...ignore my handle, it from when I went to Allen College. I graduated in December from Hamilton and I thought I got a pretty good education here. Though I honestly feel like there are area's that totally were missed in coverage-like OB particularly, and I feel like I am scrambling to know the info for boards. I take my boards on Friday though, and I will let you know how it went.
- Feb 12, '07 by midcomHi Stacy,
I have got to stop in & see you sometime. I think I know who you are. I believe you gave me some advice about pharmacology last term.
Good luck with your boards. I'll be pulling for you!
- Feb 12, '07 by LPN0207thanks.
- Feb 24, '07 by sejongI graduated in September, passed my boards and have been working as a nurse in LTC for 2 months. When I was there, no one outside of Hamilton believed there was a nursing program. Once they found out then the conversation was 'it's not approved by the Board of Nursing'. Then the last nonsense was 'you won't be able to take your boards'. Hamilton offers what very few programs has, a seperate pharm class. Out of 19 students who graduated in my class, 17 passed their boards on the 1st try.
By the time I was in 3rd term, I was performing LPN skills and carrying a patient laod of 4 must of my co-workers had to wait for until they reached their 1st semester of RN.