here are weblinks i have on information about n/g tubes, wound care and urinary catheters.
- here is a link to a list of the steps involved in inserting an n/g tube from lane community college. there is a link on this site of a video of the procedure.
- care of the patient with a nasogastric tube written for nurses by a nurse
- nice pictorial on the insertion of an n/g tube
- wound care. includes links to photos on wound staging, how wounds heal, types of dressings and when to use them and how to assess them + some links to more internet information
- chronic wound healing. a tutorial that includes definitions, descriptions of wounds, assessment, debridement, cleansing, maintaining a moist environment, supporting the wound surfaces and nutrition. has photographs to help show and explain concepts. by professor rita frantz at the university of iowa college of nursing.
- world wide wounds. an online resource for dressing materials
and practical wound management information. has links at the bottom of the opening page to acute wounds, dressings and bandages, maggot therapy, miscellaneous, veterinary, diabetic feet, infected wounds, leg ulcers and pressure ulcers.
- basic nursing skills. a page of links into these procedures: measuring intake and output, sterile technique, urinary catheterization, application of heat and cold, enema administration, wound packing, gloving, and vital sign measurements.
- includes a number of procedures including urinary catheterization and drawing blood. there are physician procedures here also.
- from sweethaven's health care. how to do urinary catheterization both male and female. includes how to irrigate a catheter.
welcome to allnurses!