New to AllNurses
- 1Apr 1, '12 by ILove2ShopTechnically I am new to all nurses because I just created my account, but allnurses has been there for me since I was in nursing (back in Aug 09) until now. So I would like to thank allnurses and every1 whether a nurse or nursing student for their questions and answers because they have helped me in so many ways. I recently got my nursing license January 26, 2012. I just started looking for work at the end of Feb because I was taking care of my grandmother full-time, but she passed away. I have got turned down by many places because I have no experience which is frustrating. I have a phone interview Tues and I'm so scared. I feel like I have forgot everything I ever learned in nursing school. I graduated Aug 2011! If you guys have any words of encouragement or advise I would love to hear it!
- 451 Visits
- 0Apr 1, '12 by caliotter3If you have the Saunders NCLEX review book, start going over each chapter to refresh your memory. It will help you to keep "in touch" with the info. Try to get in mind, how your previous experiences will help you to approach a new nursing job. Think of examples of how you solved a problem on the job. This activity might help you with your interviews. Good luck.
- 1Apr 1, '12 by BudzmomI'm new here too. I just opened my account here yesterday. Never regret that you chose to take care of your grandmother instead of getting a job. You got the benefit of some very precious time with her. Now about that job: keep looking. Answer all ads you find. I have been a nurse for over 20 years. I worked in the hospital, had the perfect job that I loved- till I got in a bad car accident. Now I have metal rods in my spine and am working home health (have been there for 2 1/2 years) and I hate it. The higher ups in the office are always trying to correct everyone, and I am learning OASIS charting, which is making me crazy. I didn't quit, so you can't either....we can be a support system for each other if you want. Remember: don't stop looking....somewhere, someone needs you. You just have to find them.
- 0Apr 1, '12 by nursel56 Guide[color=#daa520]❀welcome to allnurses[color=#daa520]❀ ilove2shop and budzmom!
ilove2shop i'm sorry to hear about your grandma. i was really close to my grandmother and helped to take care of her when i was 13 for several months before she passed away. i think that is one of the reasons i eventually went into nursing.
best wishes on the job hunt. i know it's tough -- allnurses is a great place to network and get tips from others going through the same thing. glad you decided to join us.
- 0Apr 4, '12 by ILove2ShopThank you all for you comments and encouragement! I had the interview yesterday and I made it through to the next round lol. I meet with the nursing manager for Med-Surg/Renal tomorrow. I am nervous and don't know much about kidneys so I am doing all the research I can so I can be prepared. I will definitely get back on here tomorrow if able to let you guys know if I have the job! I am so grateful for allnurses because this is the place I go to get support, encouragement, words of wisdom, advice, etc even though it's through other people's post. Thank you guys!